What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX C David Hahn

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

DSC00735.JPG

Chamberlain Hunt Academy (Port Gibson, MS) / Kimball Union Prep (Meriden, NH)

Traveling Team: Texas D-1 Ambassadors

Ht: 7-foot-0
Wt: 245 lbs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:

Reported Offers: Texas State (released from LOI)

Hahn has been receiving a lot of attention late in the recruiting cycle.

He was previously a target mostly for Southland Conference type schools. But an excellent showing recently with his traveling team (including a recent trip to Denver), has caused interest in him to take off.

Interest from Marquette (official visit), Arkansas, Texas and Oregon State (among others), the moderator of a Texas-San Antonio recruiting site was told by Hahn's traveling team coach that he is visiting CU this week.

Supposedly Hahn's a chiseled 245 lbs and his body is D1 ready. Originally from Austin, he first transferred to a military academy in Mississippi to complete high school and then spent a year at prep school in New Hampshire.

2010+David+Hahn.JPG

I am liking the direction that this recruiting season is going....thumbs up for Boyle and his staff to this point.....With Brown and Roberson, if we add the kid from Wisconsin with this kid....that would be a great recruiting class

we need to start signing these big guys instead of just checking them out.

:bump: anyone got an update... i canceled my rivals

Not from Rivals, but...

Hahn is supposed to be visiting this weekend. He is teammates with Buff commit Andre Roberson on that Texas D-1 Ambassadors traveling team. Looks like we've got the inside track on him and may be signing two 7-footers this spring.

His AAU coach made some comments about CU choosing Mills over Hahn, which is stupid because what team wouldn't want a couple of 7' and they don't even play the same style of game

Hahn looked like he is ready to play this year and Mills maybe in the future. I don't see what the problem is, both would get a ton of minutes. I actually would like a 6-8, 6-9 player instead of another 7 footer, but I will take any big man we can get.

Two 7 footers would be extremely helpful. We need rebounds and fouls to give. We should not be giving up on this kid.

I think he had the size to compete right away, but he may be a bigger project then Mills.

Last edited:
I think it would be a benefit to each of them to both be here. Gives them each another big man with a different style to work against in practice. Also takes some of the pressure of each of them, when you are the big man instead of part of a tandem having a bad night or a bad match-up is highlighted. Seems like Hahn is more suited to be a classic low post center who can push and shove, Mills a bit more of a face the basket guy relying on his feet to put him in position to be effective on both ends.

I think it would be a benefit to each of them to both be here. Gives them each another big man with a different style to work against in practice. Also takes some of the pressure of each of them, when you are the big man instead of part of a tandem having a bad night or a bad match-up is highlighted. Seems like Hahn is more suited to be a classic low post center who can push and shove, Mills a bit more of a face the basket guy relying on his feet to put him in position to be effective on both ends.

I agree - Does anybody here know if we are still pursuing this guy or if he's already signed with somebody else?

Back