What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX CB Damion Payne (Signed to Utah)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
696026.jpg

Klein Forest HS (Houston, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 185 lbs
40: 4.41-4.45

Rivals Rank: #62 CB; ***
Scout Rank: #36 S; ***
ESPN Rating: Unrated

Last edited:
Re: '10 CB Damion Payne

Looks like Oklahoma, Nebraska, Utah, Arkansas and Wake Forest for his Top 5 and official visits. We're probably out of this one, so cheer for Arkansas against Georgia (game he's visiting) so he doesn't end up on our schedule.

Wow was I off and I couldn't be happier! :smile:

Payne announced a new Top 5 today: Wake Forest, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Missouri.

He said Mizzou is iffy because they've already signed 2 corners. Also, he'll graduate early so he'd be a spring enrollee.

I'd love to land Payne. Not a lot of corners out there over 6 feet tall and running in the 4.4s.

Not only would it be nice to land Payne because of his talent, but we have completely disappeared out of the Houston area in recent years. Would like to see that change.

I like the fact that a number of CB's are showing up on our radar. Burney and Brown are seniors, and if JimmyS has a big year.......

We need some depth/replacements at corner.

Re: '10 TX CB Damion Payne

Excellent news from Rivals premium this morning: Payne has CU in his top 5 and we are the last of the 4 official visits he has scheduled: Wake Forest, Utah, Arizona, CU. Looks like the 5th might be Iowa State because of early playing time potential.

Also, he's an early graduation guy so he would commit early and be on campus in January.

Last, Rivals has finally evaluated him and he is now a 3*, #62 CB.

It seems that he'd have about the same chance at early PT with the Buffs (as with the clowns) - Chap and Burney are sr's, and if Jimmy Smith has a good year......

We need corners in this recruiting cycle. I'd love to see the staff get this guy.

We can definitely sell early playing time. C. Brown and Burney are gone after this year and Jimmy Smith/Jalil Brown are done after next season. Those four are by far the most experienced guys on the roster. Any 2010 recruit would have a chance to see significant playing time as a true freshman (or his redshirt freshman year at worst), especially an early enrollee like Payne.

RedDirt is correct, we need some CBs in this class. Would not mind seeing three or so.

Last edited:

Verbal commitment to Utah.

Wake Forest was his #2 (CU #3). Still planning to visit all 3 of us, so we're not completely out of it.

Back