What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX S Sam Holl (Signed to Baylor)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
623553.jpg

Pittsburg Senior HS (Katy, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 185 lbs

Rivals Rank: unrated
Scout Rank: unrated
ESPN Rating: 74

Re: '10 TX S Sam Holl

I don't know a ton about Holl. Katy's a suburb on the western edge of Houston and they play big boy football there. Watched a little video and he flies to the ball in run support. Wasn't a lot to see on pass defense, but he did anticipate and break on the ball well.

So far, CU is his only BCS offer (KSU & Baylor looking).

Here's a total homer article on him from the site that covers his HS:

Sam Holl was a stud today. Yes, Herschfelder made that incredible stop that no doubt still has his ears ringing. Yes, the Tiger special teams blocked a punt and forced several turnovers to keep us dominating. And yes, the Tiger defense has been strong since the first game. But again, Sam Holl is a stud.

He’s garnered a LOT of attention this year. Racking up team awards like they were candy, but today he really impressed. On a defensive stand in the fourth quarter, I watched with excitement as Sam broke from the Pack, covered what seemed like 20 yards, then planted a Cy-Bay receiver on the sideline. I felt the hit in MY gut, and I imagine that reciever is feeling the pain on the plane ride home tonight.

But here’s what really made me a fan. On the very next play, Sam got in the way of pass route down the lane, picked off a beauty of a pass, kept his footing while discarding Cy Bay players left and right and took it 25 yards for a touchdown, err… 1 yard line. Now it’s not the interception and run back that made me a fan, but rather the manner in which he did it.

He SHOULD have been down any number of times. He SHOULD have been tackled by any one of a handful of Cy Bay players that got their hands on him… temporarily. He SHOULD have fallen when his feet seem to come out from under him. But he didn’t. He scrapped. He clawed. He kept his feet moving like all the coaches always preach. He showed the heart that so many bandwagon fans have questioned leading up to this game. And in a single solitary play, he quieted the naysayers and brought the true fans to their feet.

I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t take the major defensive awards again this week… assuming of course that the entire Defense doesn’t take the award. They dominated Cy Bay today; and if today was any indicator, District matches should be very, very interesting.

Re: '10 TX S Sam Holl (committed to Baylor)

Holl got the Baylor offer and committed. His sister plays softball for Baylor and it was the offer he was hoping for. I seriously doubt he changes his commitment.

Back