What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA PF Damiene Cain (Signed to Colorado)

I'm hearing good things about Mills for what it's worth...I always heard bad things about Eckloff from this same source. I like Tunks and Mills...now the team just needs to play better.

Tunks, Roberson, Cain, Mills, Dufault gives us a pretty good set of 4's and 5's next year....plus Boyle will probably look to find a big in the spring

Even though he isn't as tall Cain looks like he has the body type that could have stopped Ogide from pushing us around the other night against CSU. We are going to have major problems this year against guys who play muscle games underneath. Cain looks like a guy who will put a stop to a lot of that along with the other guys getting a year stronger for the future.

I'm hearing good things about Mills for what it's worth...I always heard bad things about Eckloff from this same source. I like Tunks and Mills...now the team just needs to play better.

Good to hear about Mills. So far he looks like a hustle guy who will be coachable. A lot of upside given his height, runs the floor well, and just needs to live in the weight and training rooms during the off-season. His hook shot could be a real weapon.

[video=youtube;REVHbCLmppE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVHbCLmppE[/video]
Pretty hilarious video of his commitment.

Go Buffs indeed. Harvard westlake is a water polo school though.

edit. i kid, sorta. Welcome abort Cain. Let's get us a pac 12 championship.

I didnt really think about this before, but we beat out a Top 10 SDSU team, Good Boston College Program, Tubby Smith, the sunshine of Hawaii, and Michelle Obama's Brother (although his team sucks). I think this was a big win, and with all the talk about Spencer, Cain should get some more love as well.

I cannot wait to see schools like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas on that table getting passed up for Colorado.

I didnt really think about this before, but we beat out a Top 10 SDSU team, Good Boston College Program, Tubby Smith, the sunshine of Hawaii, and Michelle Obama's Brother (although his team sucks). I think this was a big win, and with all the talk about Spencer, Cain should get some more love as well.

I cannot wait to see schools like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas on that table getting passed up for Colorado.

great points, this guy had a damn good offer list.

Good Article on Cain:

http://shermanoaks.patch.com/articles/remember-the-name-damiene-cain

The 6-foot-7 postman does all the little things, “the dirty work,” he calls it. If Harvard-Westlake needs points or rebounds, he delivers – seven double-doubles and season averages of 13.5 points and 10.8 rebounds. If pinpoint outlet passes ala Kevin Love is the order, he can do that, too. Need a steal or a blocked shot? Cain has 15 steals and 53 blocks in 15 games. Add it up, and it equals a 13-2 Harvard-Westlake team that has won 10 in a row. And yet, most who watch Cain don’t realize how much he’s doing. He doesn’t dunk, doesn’t erupt with animal-like shouts and performs no pregame powder toss.

God, the "outlet passes ala Kevin Love" part is what gets me most excited there. In a fastbreak offense, that is HUGE.

I love that we'll have Dre, Shane & Cain doing all those things that don't necessarily show up in the stat column but cause you to win games. It may not be sexy, but it's effective.

I love that we'll have Dre, Shane & Cain doing all those things that don't necessarily show up in the stat column but cause you to win games. It may not be sexy, but it's effective.

The more I begin realizing the type of talent coming in and returning, I am slowly getting more optimistic about a burk-less team. I dont think it is going to be all that bad. I am more concerned about losing Levi at this point. Tomlinson needs to find his 3pt stroke again.

IDK if this has been posted on here yet but he has been rumored to be closer to 6'5

IDK if this has been posted on here yet but he has been rumored to be closer to 6'5

I saw that he's 6 foot 5 1/2" tall. Most guys are listed an inch or two taller than actual, so I don't know why he's been singled out. Anyway, he's got long arms and a wide ass & shoulders. He's plenty big to play PF in college.

I saw that he's 6 foot 5 1/2" tall. Most guys are listed an inch or two taller than actual, so I don't know why he's been singled out. Anyway, he's got long arms and a wide ass & shoulders. He's plenty big to play PF in college.

Charles Barkley, aka the round-mound-of-rebound, was all of 6' 4.5". He did just fine getting rebounds in his earlier years in the league.

I'm willing to wait and see how this guy turns out.

ESPN's Joel Francisco, who does a lot of the west coast basketball scouting, had some notes from the Double Pump West Coast All Star Camp on July 9th. Love what he had to say about Cain as one of his "Surprise Players":

Although Cain is an undersized 5-man, he has definitely progressed since the regular season. He uses his strong frame, long arms, and savvy to score over taller bigs, hit a couple of nice turn around jump shots on 6-9 John Ryan. His feel is tremendous and he is a very astute passer out of the post. In addition, he nailed a spot-up 3-point jump shot and his stroke looked pretty smooth. Overall, he competes each and every time out and is an advanced player for his age.

He also had some nice things to say about Spencer Dinwiddie in his Notes:

• His frame is narrow but 6-2 junior Spencer Dinwiddie (Woodland Hills, Calif./ Taft) may have the best feel of any guard in California for his class. His savvy and demeanor are outstanding considering his youth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4320930

So glad he's back with the team.

read the confirmation in the DC. Sounds like he is also almost ready to go. Mentioned that he probably would not play vs Fort Lewis. If he can be ready to go by the time we play Georgia that would be huge.

Back