What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Thomas Carter

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

20101224_111532_BS25-SUNPOY.jpg

Cajon H.S. (San Bernardino, CA)

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 180 lbs
40: 4.5 secs

Rivals rating:
Scout rating:
ESPN rating:

Reported Offers: San Diego State, Idaho, Idaho State

Played mostly QB in high school.

Junior year:
[video=youtube;q1rJtU0WfNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1rJtU0WfNo[/video]

Senior year:
[video=youtube;l_OiNcpEbIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OiNcpEbIM[/video]

Carter led his team to a 7-0 record on the way to being named the Offensive MVP for the San Andreas League and the All-Sun Player of the Year.

After a listless first three games in which his team went 1-2 and he spent most of his time on the bench because of injury, Cajon quarterback Thomas Carter and his teammates had had enough. So before the Cowboys were to start the San Andreas League season Oct. 1 against San Gorgonio, Carter had a message.

"Me and the other team captains had a meeting with the entire team and just told them that we needed to step it up," Carter said. "We weren't going to let our senior season go to waste."

Carter backed up his words with action, playing at an elite level in leading the Cowboys to nine consecutive victories before losing to Colton in overtime in the CIF-SS Central Division semifinals. Since the pre-San Gorgoniospeech, Carter threw for 2,121 yards and 25 touchdowns in 10 games and rushed for another 709 yards and six touchdowns. That performance, and Cajon's 10-3 record, earned Carter the San Andreas League Offensive MVP and made him a perfect choice for the All-Sun Player of the Year.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/sports/ci_16939897

20101016_124337_BS16-CAJ-RIA.jpg

what about Mike Thomas, what is the latest on him.

Nothing.

Regarding Carter, he had schools back off because he didn't have a qualifying test score (he thought he had one, but was wrong). He wanted to play at a BCS program, re-took the test, and is now a full qualifier.

Interesting that he is this years class, unrated. Video highlights remind me of will jeff. Kid has got one hell of a burst, not sure about top speed. If he can learn to run routes, definitely can play.

Here is some info from CUatthegame...
http://www.cuatthegame.com/2011/recruiting-prospects-2012/
Carter has talked with Arizona State, Mississippi, San Diego State and Missouri, but has yet to receive an offer of a scholarship. He hopes that will change this weekend when he visits Boulder for the Colorado Spring game.

“They said when I come out there and meet the coach, if he likes me, then they will offer me a scholarship,” said Carter.

Last edited:
Carter, who threw for 2,121 yards and 25 touchdowns and rushed for another 709 yards and six scores in 10 games as a senior, hasn't received a scholarship offer from CU yet, but that could change next weekend.

"They said when I come out there and meet the coach, if he likes me, then they will offer me a scholarship," Carter said.

Read more on Scout: http://colorado.scout.com/2/1061055.html

Good chance we're adding another WR to the 2011 class during our Spring Game weekend.

And as Carter also says in the article:
"I've got tremendous hands," he said. "That's one thing I do have confidence in about myself."

:gobuffs:

In his senior vid it looks like he pulled some tricks that Brandon Marshall has made famous for getting YAC. I know he is no where near as big but smaller guy, good moves, good hands, and runs full out (love that he gets his head and shoulders in front of him in the open field, really turns on the after burners) would be a good get for us.

I am guessing we still have a few 2011 scholarships left to give, like Givens for example.

Didn't a kid named Carter commit to Stanford or OR over the weekend?

Alex Carter, my bad.

Last edited:
The story is that Carter got his wallet stolen (no ID) and wasn't able to travel. Mostly talking to Hagan and trying to get a trip arranged for later in the month.

The story is that Carter got his wallet stolen (no ID) and wasn't able to travel. Mostly talking to Hagan and trying to get a trip arranged for later in the month.

I smell something. Hope he still makes it though.

Back