What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO DE Tommy Harris (Verbal to CO School of Mines)

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

images
harris chap sept 11 b.jpg
Chapparal High School, Parker, Colorado

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 215 lbs
40: 4.8 secs

Rivals rating: not in database
Scout rating: NR DE
ESPN rating: NR DE

Reported Offers: Carroll College (MT), Colorado School of Mines

Last edited:
Jersey #82 (Red/White/Black)
ESPN Video
[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5251648[/video]

[video]http://search.espn.go.com/tommy-harris/video/6[/video]

No way in hell is he 6'5 and 210. From that picture, he's got to be either a lot shorter or a lot heavier. 6'5 kids who weigh 210 do not have that thick of a neck. Any interest from local schools?

No way in hell is he 6'5 and 210. From that picture, he's got to be either a lot shorter or a lot heavier. 6'5 kids who weigh 210 do not have that thick of a neck.

Supposedly coming to the game this weekend with teammate Shane Callahan, so you can judge his size for yourself. Chapparal has a good weight program from what I've heard.

Any interest from local schools?

In addition to whatever CU is considering (and I don't know their position on his recruitment): Air Force, CSU, Mines. Don't know of any offers, but he did some camps and has contact from these schools. Don't know what's going on as far as out of state schools, but he's interested in an Engineering degree, so that's a bigger factor than football, apparently.

Updating Harris' profile with a few recent game statistics. Still hope CU is giving Tommy a look and vice versa.

Chaparral has its starting quarterback again - Andy Loudenback (suspended first games of season following a chsaa ruling on his transfer last year) - and they are in the playoffs.
Here's some of Tommy's contributions to recent games:

Oct. 14 Chaparral posts 42-14 win over host Douglas County
On defense, Jon Beauman and Tommy Harris each had 7.5 total tackles and a sack.

Oct. 22 Wolverines beat undefeated Highlands Ranch in 42-0 shutout.
Tommy Harris had six [tackles] and a sack.

Oct. 29 Chaparral downs Mountain Vista
Tommy Harris had 10 tackles and a sack.
Notable for Mountain Vista, junior Clay Norgard had six total tackles including two sacks.

Nov. 6
Chaparral advances after win over Fruita-Monument
Tommy Harris had two sacks.

This Friday night, Chaparral faces No. 24 Palmer (7-3), which had a huge upset over Lakewood in the first round, Nov. 13. Palmer will play host in Colorado Springs. The winner faces either Mullen or Cherry Creek in the 5A quarterfinals.

tommyHarris.jpg

Attachments

• tommy headshot.JPG
    tommy headshot.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 307
It's Andrew Loudenback just a heads up but damn he looks like a skin head in that photo.

Finally --- Tommy Harris Highlight Reel.
I was at the Mullen/Chap playoff game where he went after Adonis Ameen-Moore and caught up with him. It was even more impressive from the Chaparral side of the game (this film was taken from the Mullen side of the stadium - the announcer's side.) The play happened right in front of me. (Too bad I was few rows up and out of the camera view.)

Start watching at 1:30 and note that Harris is #82 and Ameen-Moore is #34.

[video=youtube;AQNAO1OwaLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQNAO1OwaLg[/video]

and that is why we aren't high on adonis. getting run down like that... eep. Good stuff from Tommie tho!

Not sure Tommy Harris wants to follow in his bro's footsteps, but I sure would like to see it explored.

Have a feeling he may end up playing in the Rocky Mountain Showdown against us if a new coach doesn't get in here and show him some love.

What do you think of him as a Tight End rather than DE?

Not sure Tommy Harris wants to follow in his bro's footsteps, but I sure would like to see it explored.

Have a feeling he may end up playing in the Rocky Mountain Showdown against us if a new coach doesn't get in here and show him some love.

What do you think of him as a Tight End rather than DE?

Neither.

I think he's got to go the Will Pericak or Nate Solder route if he wants to play at CU's level. DT or OL.

From Rivals:

Carroll College in Montana has offered. Officials to Mines and Nebraska-Kearney have also been scheduled.
Carroll College is the national champion in NAIA football, something like six out of the last seven years.

Because I know you care:
In the championship game, Carroll College's kicker missed two field goals off the uprights in the first quarter, but made a short one (22 yards) to go ahead 10-7 and redeem himself.

With 8.4 seconds left on the clock, Sioux Falls kicker Braden Wieking’s 46-yard field goal attempt went wide left, and the Carroll College football team won its sixth title with a 10-7 victory at Barron Stadium.

Last edited:
Tommy has cancelled his OV to UN/Kearney and will take visits to Mines and South Dakota State, per Scout.
He still holds and offer from the NAIA champs, Carroll College.

Glenwood Springs QB (and 4A champ last year) Dakota Stonehouse plays for Carroll.

Does he have the smarts to go to school at Mines? If so, that's the direction he should go. Get your degree from Mines.

Does he have the smarts to go to school at Mines? If so, that's the direction he should go. Get your degree from Mines.

He states that he will get a degree in Engineering and that his dad is an Engineer, so I think so. I doubt they'd give him an official visit unless they thought he could get in and succeed.

It's School of Mines for Tommy Harris.

Scout update

Harris has opted to play his college football at Colorado School of Mines. The 6-6 225 pound Harris, who has gained All-Conference and All-State honors each of the last two seasons, was also getting interest from Nebraska-Kearney, CSU Pueblo, Ft. Lewis, Montana Tech and Carroll College, who gave Harris his first offer.

Additionally, staying in state
allows Tommy to watch his older brother Jack play at Colorado and Jack will be able to watch Tommy play at Mines.

Could turn out to be a dominant player at that level. Mines has turned into a very good D2 program so he could end up contributing to a team that wins a lot of games. He also gets a chance to get a degree from Mines which usually means a nice fat income the rest of his life.

Only problem is that Mines is seriously short on quality females and isn't exactly known as a party school. Probably not a bad trade off for the income petential of the degree.

I don't know what it's like these days, but back when I was at CU, we'd get guys from Mines at our parties all the time. Looking back, I can see why.

I think its unfair that schools like The School of Mines can pretty much recruit any kind of kid they want. I mean, if they want a kid with a 34 on his ACT they can just give them a scholarship. Its ridiculous. Just because a kid is good at physics and can play football a little, why the hell should he be given a free ride? And look at the classes these guys can take. I mean, they get to slide by taking things like calculus, calculus based physics, thermodynamics, logic circuits, fluid dynamics, mechanics of materials. Its a joke, really, and the NCAA ought to take a look at it. There should be a level playing field. Obviously, for The School of Mines, its all about the money.

Back