What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #3 Baylor - March 17th, 6.40pm MT - NCAA Tournament 3rd Round Game Thread

Vegas wants the upsets. Yup, some people make a killing when they bet on the underdogs at crazy odds, but the vast majority of the money will have been with the big teams like Mizzou and Duke.

vegas has been loosing a lot of money on us lately

Vegas wants the upsets. Yup, some people make a killing when they bet on the underdogs at crazy odds, but the vast majority of the money will have been with the big teams like Mizzou and Duke.

"Vegas" is making money and couldn't care less about upsets. They move the spread to ensure that the betting is as near to even as possible. They make money on the Vigorish. The whole enterprise is more about mathematics than sports.

"Vegas" is making money and couldn't care less about upsets. They move the spread to ensure that the betting is as near to even as possible. They make money on the Vigorish. The whole enterprise is more about mathematics than sports.

That´s true.

Is there basketball discussion anywhere or is it all just kids beating their chest around here?

Guys not to be a downer.... But this is stanford all over again. They have the size. The 3 point sharpshooters. And the talent.... but theres one thing we have on them. THAT IS THE HEART OF A BUFFALO!

This is going to be the toughest game of the year for sure FLbuff. They have the athletes - so we're going to have to play pretty close to perfect to win.

Guys not to be a downer.... But this is stanford all over again. They have the size. The 3 point sharpshooters. And the talent.... but theres one thing we have on them. THAT IS THE HEART OF A BUFFALO!
Too bad we're still gonna win.

Is there basketball discussion anywhere or is it all just kids beating their chest around here?

Lurking your board seriously hurts my brain it is so full of fail. You mental midgets have such a poor understanding of how pathetic Buddy Jones was two years ago and are completely delusional how irrelevant and unwanted you are in any expansion scenario.

What kind of BB discussion do you want? Only so many times we can call your bigs inconsistent at best and your guard play is easily rattled. But your dirty ass program is more talented and favored to win. We'll see tomorrow how you guys handle the away game at the Pit.

Reactions: dio
Lurking your board seriously hurts my brain it is so full of fail. You mental midgets have such a poor understanding of how pathetic Buddy Jones was two years ago and are completely delusional how irrelevant and unwanted you are in any expansion scenario.

What kind of BB discussion do you want? Only so many times we can call your bigs inconsistent at best and your guard play is easily rattled. But your dirty ass program is more talented and favored to win. We'll see tomorrow how you guys handle the away game at the Pit.

ding ding ding - MATTSLAPPED

Start one if you want one and don´t just bitch.

Was coming on here to have some fun trash talk about the game tomorrow but did not expect to see the pure hatred towards Baylor. It's not like we're OU or TX. No civil rivalry here? Where's all this bad blood coming from? If anything the Big 12 and Baylor should be the ones going after CU for bailing but obviously it made our conference much stronger - although I do like your coach - great man - but he'll be gone from CU within 2 years to a much better basketball school.

1. Baylor NEVER wanted to go to the Pac 12
2. Baylor easily would have won the Pac 12 regular season. Stronger RPI & SOS than your regular season champion - who was that? I forgot since they were the FIRST
BCS conference champion to NEVER make the NCAA - tough conference out West - huh?
3. Signature win? How about 7 NCAA tourney teams including Kansas.
4. Normally I would have been pulling for the Buffs to advance - but seeing the pure hatred that isn't warranted at all is very surprising.

Is all childish comments because we prevented the ultimate Pac 16 from happening? Is that it?

And finally - you do realize you wouldn't have even gotten into the NIT if you were playing in the Big 12 this year. We'll excuse most of your comments above who are probably just T-shirt fans, since 99% of your are normally skiing this time of year and don't understand college basketball. When I lived in Denver I went to the 5A state championship a few years ago at CU and the gym wasn't even HALF FULL. This was your largest state championship - both teams were from Denver and you couldn't even get half the gym full? And you people want to talk basketball?

You do realize that you increased the level of respect and competition in the Big 12 in ALL SPORTS when you left - right? OK - I'm done - feel free to come back w/ mature comments - I have a feeling I won't see any - but it should be fun.........

Was coming on here to have some fun trash talk about the game tomorrow but did not expect to see the pure hatred towards Baylor. It's not like we're OU or TX. No civil rivalry here? Where's all this bad blood coming from? If anything the Big 12 and Baylor should be the ones going after CU for bailing but obviously it made our conference much stronger - although I do like your coach - great man - but he'll be gone from CU within 2 years to a much better basketball school.

2. Baylor easily would have won the Pac 12 regular season. Stronger RPI & SOS than your regular season champion - who was that? I forgot since they were the FIRST
BCS conference champion to NEVER make the NCAA - tough conference out West - huh?
4. Normally I would have been pulling for the Buffs to advance - but seeing the pure hatred that isn't warranted at all is very surprising.

Is all childish comments because we prevented the ultimate Pac 16 from happening? Is that it?

And finally - you do realize you wouldn't have even gotten into the NIT if you were playing in the Big 12 this year. We'll excuse most of your comments above who are probably just T-shirt fans, since 99% of your are normally skiing this time of year and don't understand college basketball. When I lived in Denver I went to the 5A state championship a few years ago at CU and the gym wasn't even HALF FULL. This was your largest state championship - both teams were from Denver and you couldn't even get half the gym full? And you people want to talk basketball?

You do realize that you increased the level of respect and competition in the Big 12 in ALL SPORTS when you left - right? OK - I'm done - feel free to come back w/ mature comments - I have a feeling I won't see any - but it should be fun.........

Don't you have a compound to burn somewhere?

:rofl:

There is that Baylor delusion we all love.

My favorite is the 'we NEVER wanted to go to the Pac 12'..... well, what do you say about your President released a document saying just that? Not only did it say that however, it went on to negatively attack a fellow conference school (at the time). That is one thing coming from fans, but another coming from the administration. Really classy. You wonder why we hate you guys so much.

You guys yap quite a bit for a school who hasn't won anything.

GO **** yourself. **** Baylor. Your fanbase is the second most pathetic pieces of **** I've encountered next to CSWho fans. **** your murderer filled team and **** everything your school stands for. Your school is a classless piece of **** pathetic excuse for a school and covering that up with the bible doesn't do ****. People don't know who the **** Baylor is and your fans once again are ****ing pieces of ****. If Waco was nuked no one would give a **** and would actually cheer. Go fall in a ****ing bottomless pit with the rest of the piece of **** murders your "school" harbors.

That's a cute tarp by the way.

Was coming on here to have some fun trash talk about the game tomorrow but did not expect to see the pure hatred towards Baylor. It's not like we're OU or TX. No civil rivalry here? Where's all this bad blood coming from? ....

You might want to check out this post.

:popcorn:

1. And the PAC 12 never wanted you. They wanted CU and Texas. Then they wanted CU, Texas and everyone else but Baylor. Then you guys went polticking to the press and via email making absurd claims about Baylor being better than a small little town in Colorado. Was he serious? Did Baylor seriously think they could squeeze CU out? Hell NO we aren't upset at not having the PAC 16. Hell NO. The fact it would even cross your mind shows how unbelievably out of touch you are.

2. You are forgetting Colorado came from the Big XII last season. The differences in the conference level of competition is negligible at best. The PAC 12 was down this year. Won't always be the case.

3. Yeah, Baylor had some decent wins this year. Kansas and pretty much everyone else as usual.

4. I don't hate Baylor. Never give your little school any thought. But when its forced in front of me - your AD leaking our APR numbers to the media before they were released during the expansion mania, Buddy Jones garbage campaigning and the general audacity of the BS emanating from WACO pisses me off.

:rofl:

There is that Baylor delusion we all love.

My favorite is the 'we NEVER wanted to go to the Pac 12'..... well, what do you say about your President released a document saying just that? Not only did it say that however, it went on to negatively attack a fellow conference school (at the time). That is one thing coming from fans, but another coming from the administration. Really classy. You wonder why we hate you guys so much.

You guys yap quite a bit for a school who hasn't won anything.

It's true - it's insane for any Midwest school to say they want to play schools in California (IF THE BIG 12 stayed together and there was equal revenue sharing) That's my point. I highly doubt Colorado would want to play in the Big East if they knew the Pac 12 would stay together. That's just common sense.

The great thing w/ CU bailing and ending up in the weakest Big 6 conference is the Big 12 (and Baylor) was able to get equal revenue sharing from TX & OU - brilliant.

It's true - it's insane for any Midwest school to say they want to play schools in California (IF THE BIG 12 stayed together and there was equal revenue sharing) That's my point. I highly doubt Colorado would want to play in the Big East if they knew the Pac 12 would stay together. That's just common sense.

The great thing w/ CU bailing and ending up in the weakest Big 6 conference is the Big 12 (and Baylor) was able to get equal revenue sharing from TX & OU - brilliant.
What Texas is offering you isn't equal revenue sharing, especially with the Long Horn Network.

That Bailor edumacation sure is great.

$19 mill/year = $39 mil/year?

Allsome.

Get bent ****.

I'm not sure you understand what equal revenue sharing is :lol:

You missed the part where Washington State will be making more money than anybody in the Big 12. Larry Scott laughs at you. Come to think of it, everybody else laughs at you, too.

It's hilarious this is CU's game thread and 5% of the posts are about the game. Real knowledgeable fans here?

Both CU & Baylor got what they want with though.
Baylor has a strengthened Big 12 conference w/ much more revenue
Colorado was put into a much inferior conference where they could win something and got more money

Everybody's happy.

About the game - we are worried as everyone should be in the tourney.
CU pulled a sweet draw getting ALBQ and the pit and the altitude. But Baylor's depth will overcome that w/ no problem.
I honestly don't know much about your team but very impressive win vs UNLV.

Should be a good game. I'll be somewhat civil since I might live in Denver again some day - after all - TX does provide a strong portion of the vacation revenue for your state so we all should love each other.....just not tomorrow night.

LMAO at equal revenue sharing. Under equal revenue sharing, Texas is going to make damn near close to 40 mm a year while Baylor will be making half that at 20 mm a year. You want equal revenue sharing? Thats the PAC 12 sparky. Every program in the conference will be taking home ~30-35 million a year within a few years and close to 40 mm after that.

As for all the smack at what CU did in the Big XII. We left with 4 North Championships and 1 Big XII Championship. Baylor has what? Colorado was the lynchpin in the formation of the Big XII and Richards shoved Baylor down all of our throats. No one wanted you then and no one wants you now. If Texas ever grows a pair, you guys will forever be part of the forgotten 5.

And seriously with the Colorado aggy smack. My gawd are you guys retarded. CU is about as far from aggy as a school can get.

You missed the part where Washington State will be making more money than anybody in the Big 12. Larry Scott laughs at you. Come to think of it, everybody else laughs at you, too.

Baylor is making A LOT more money than it was last year with CU in the Big 12 - and the Big 12 is STRONGER THAN EVER so who cares what Larry Scott laughs at when he looks at himself naked in the mirror.

Back