What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #6 UNLV - March 15th, 8pm MT - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round Game Thread

They are really, really convinced over on UNLV's Rivals board that we have no shot against them if we attempt to run. They attribute the losses at altitude to losses to good teams at home (Air Force?) that slowed it down, not the altitude. Not that they think we have any shot even if we slow things down.

they whole key to this game is rebounding. In their last few losses they were out-rebounded. Dre is going to have to be at the top of his game and we are really going to have to box out.

You can just send that straight to me :thumbsup:

Ill wear allbuffs gear the whole time

I might just be convinced to do this. However, it's not allbuffs gear you'll need to be wearing. It's something more like this:

weareboulder_preview.png

Reactions: RK
They are really, really convinced over on UNLV's Rivals board that we have no shot against them if we attempt to run. They attribute the losses at altitude to losses to good teams at home (Air Force?) that slowed it down, not the altitude. Not that they think we have any shot even if we slow things down.
Nice. Arizona thought we had no chance against Cal or themselves.

they whole key to this game is rebounding. In their last few losses they were out-rebounded. Dre is going to have to be at the top of his game and we are really going to have to box out.

Exactly. Dre cannot be the only one rebounding though. During the P12 tournament there were stretches where we got killed on the offensive boards. We HAVE to limit second chance opportunities or we won't beat tournament quality teams.

Exactly. Dre cannot be the only one rebounding though. During the P12 tournament there were stretches where we got killed on the offensive boards. We HAVE to limit second chance opportunities or we won't beat tournament quality teams.

Let's hope the 6 boards that Shane pulled down Saturday (along with Austin's 7) is a sign of things to come.

Let's hope the 6 boards that Shane pulled down Saturday (along with Austin's 7) is a sign of things to come.
Simba is the African Badass. He will not be denied. He will reclaim Pride Rock(otherwise known as Baylor's virginity)!

WTF is Bilas talking about.

Some guy on ESPN's numbers show just picked us as his cinderella story this year.

Bilas is stoned. We're going to run them out of the gym. Hell, CSU ran them out of their gym.

That CSU game is actually what gives me a lot of confidence in this game. We were 2 missed free throws from walking out of there with the game. CSU blew them out. This game is at altitude. CU wins. Same with Baylor. Baylor plays like sh*t at altitude.

Cbs is picking us to win this match as well. People around the nation are starting to see what is going on out here, and are seeing how good a coach Tad is.
I should have clarified. His explanation is confusing not the pick.

Oh. I took it as Tad likes our team to play tough defense with minimal risks, which makes teams use a lot of the shotclock, which slows the game down, just he said it in a confusing way. Meh. Whatever.

The more I look at this matchup, the more I like it. UNLV is a good team, but drawing the #3 team from the MWC and playing them in NM (at altitude) is about the best we could have hoped for. UNLV was playing their best ball in December, they're 5-5 down the stretch. Let's ****ing do this!

Should be another nailbiter. Hopefully cu doesn't go 8-10 minutes without scoring. CU has a ton of confidence and it would be great to stick it to the MWC.

Should be another nailbiter. Hopefully cu doesn't go 8-10 minutes without scoring. CU has a ton of confidence and it would be great to stick it to the MWC.

Great point in there... the 8-10 minute drought was when we were slowing the game down. When we are a controlled aggressive we are very good. When we try to burn clock, not so much.

Are people getting as tired as I am of reading/hearing that CU may have run out of gas coming into March Madness after 4 games in the PAC-12 Tourney? Seriously, we get almost 5 days off, winning the PAC was not some monumental feat (we beat every team we played in the tournament in the regular season too), and Tad has these kids in fantastic physical conditioning. We don't need any built in excuses from the media.

I'm more tired of hearing about how terrible the Pac12 is.

Read some UNLV boards this afternoon - they're a very arrogant bunch. Hope that we beat them

Judging by the litany of dead animals that tad has left in his wake, I would suggest that overconfidence is probably not the right attitude to have for an opposing teams. Hope to god unlv is thinking they got us easy and are looking ahead to Baylor.

Are people getting as tired as I am of reading/hearing that CU may have run out of gas coming into March Madness after 4 games in the PAC-12 Tourney? Seriously, we get almost 5 days off, winning the PAC was not some monumental feat (we beat every team we played in the tournament in the regular season too), and Tad has these kids in fantastic physical conditioning. We don't need any built in excuses from the media.
Plus I am not sure Simba has ever looked as good as he does now. He was sloph slow at the beginning of the season.

Back