What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 FL SF DeAndre Daniels (Verbal to UConn)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

205050.jpg

IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

AAU: Pump 'n Run / Nashville Celtics / Belmont Shore

Ht: 6-foot-8
Wt: 190 lbs

Rivals rating: 5*; #3 SF (#9 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #8 PF
ESPN rating: 4*-95 grade; #11 SF (#35 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona State, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Memphis, NC State, Tennessee, Texas, UNLV

If Dinwiddle can bring this guy to us we will be sitting in great shape. This is the kind of recruit that not only makes a difference on the court but also gets the attention of other recruits and gives you instant credibility.

We may be getting carried away and it will take a little longer than we are dreaming but Tad is doing the job. I think CU basketball is on the way to being legitimately good. Not we have one guy who is carrying us until he goes pro good but we can beat you a number of different ways good and we will do it again next year and the year after good.

Daniels was a senior last season on Spencer Dinwiddie's Taft HS team. He committed to play for Texas, then de-committed, and decided to do a year of post-graduate at IMG Academy in Florida. He is still uncommitted and Dinwiddie said he is going to try to recruit him to CU.

I don't think I can exaggerate how big it would be if we landed Daniels as a Buff.

Here's some youtube of him. First is older from when he was a UT commit and then there's a new one from this summer:

[video=youtube;raTkoHPWg0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTkoHPWg0E[/video]

[video=youtube;SUBj_NYR5R8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUBj_NYR5R8[/video]

:wow:

Tad is going to get it done! I love this hire. Hopefully Bohn can find someone with Tad's passion to be the next football coach at CU. lol. Go get him Tad!

do prep schools eat eligibility?

Post Graduate (PG): A prospect that enrolls in a fifth year of high school at a preparatory school or military academy. The prospect's high school GPA is locked and can only be improved by retaking courses. A prospect does not lose college eligibility while competing for a prep school or military academy and has an opportunity to meet the NCAA Clearinghouse Initial Eligibility Requirements if he fell short after four years of high school. Some athletes may also choose a Post Graduate year in order to get noticed and increase his college scholarship choices.

Stoudt's Recruitipedia

what are the odds nik?

If we have a big season and if some programs he is high on (like Kentucky) don't offer and if we can get him to agree to a visit... then it will be worth discussing odds. We're a long way away.

so he would be a regular signing period

No. I actually think he's waiting until spring to see if some spots open up in elite programs after some guys declare early for the NBA draft. Doesn't look like he's signing anywhere in the next week.

...i don't think this is happening. Unless Dinwiddie is really tight with Daniels, we aren't going to get him. Sorry to be a pessimist, but let's be honest. Daniels is an elite prospect, and most of these kids have their short lists by now. They've been getting love from schools for a few years now, and we'd be a late entry to the sweepstakes. Our only hope is that him and Dinwiddie are really close...moreso than any of Daniels' other teammates. Kids recruit all the time for their schools. I say he goes to UCLA or Kentucky. He had some family problems that forced him away from the court - sick grandfather. He's close to his family I think.

It would be nice though huh?

...i don't think this is happening. Unless Dinwiddie is really tight with Daniels, we aren't going to get him. Sorry to be a pessimist, but let's be honest. Daniels is an elite prospect, and most of these kids have their short lists by now. They've been getting love from schools for a few years now, and we'd be a late entry to the sweepstakes. Our only hope is that him and Dinwiddie are really close...moreso than any of Daniels' other teammates. Kids recruit all the time for their schools. I say he goes to UCLA or Kentucky. He had some family problems that forced him away from the court - sick grandfather. He's close to his family I think.

It would be nice though huh?

:lol: Ya it would be nice. Not holding my breath, but if Boyle and co. can have a big year you never know I guess. Thx for making this profile 'Nik!

damn, that's an impressive list of offers/interested schools there. Would be HUGE for CU to land this kid.

Here's hoping that Dinwiddie can work some magic and that Higgins & Burks get lots of national press. I think that would be a huge help to land a guy like Daniels.

we need some more street cred before we land a big time recruit. This comes from either winning or an amazing HC. The kid could sign with you if he grew up around you, but CO doesn't have this type of talent. Chris Thomas is from Denver, and if we keep winning and improving, I guess there's a chance we get on his radar.

Daniels was a big time recruit LAST year. He was committed to Texas, and at the last second, it was thought that UK was going to ink him. Cal was rumored to wanting to sign one more player, and everyone thought it was Daniels. My point is that he went through the recruiting rigors once already, and CU was nowhere to be seen. He has developed many relationships with coaches and players. Dinwiddie helps, but he needs to be Daniels BEST FRIEND in order for us to have a remote chance. I hate being the pessimist here, but I'm just trying to be real with you all. Daniels is not coming here.

ugh...now back to football forum and Hawk rumors...

Tons of chatter that Daniels was going to choose Kansas, but time keeps passing with no commitment.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but the door still seems to be open a crack.

Rumors are that Kentucky pulled their scholarship offer...didn't like waiting around. He's always liked UT, but apparently his dad doesn't like Barnes. KU doesn't have a scholarship available for him until next year, meaning he pays his way for a year.

I think he goes to UT, where he initially committed. CU, unless someone knows something on the inside, was never in the game. I'm not even sure if Boyle was recruiting him...we're going off of Dinwiddie saying he was going to try to get Deandre here.

There are rumors flying that Daniels is already on the KU campus enrolled in classes on his own dime. I don't know if this is true. I guess someone could see if he can find Daniels in the KU online student directory for some rep.

The talking heads down here in WhornLand, including Chipper, have pretty much given up on Daniels coming to UTerus.

Now has CU offer according to rivals.....you never know....

although I have no idea what's going on in this kid's head, especially since he's not at either Kentucky, KU or Texas anymore...I am still very confident he is not coming here...but sure, you never know.

Surprisingly, Duke has apparently also offered him. Duke wasn't really recruiting him until recently it seems. Duke also has some decent 3 spot type of players, which is what Daniels really is. I can't see him coming to Duke either (actually hope he doesn't, because there are other players I'm more high on for Duke).

...this kid's recruitment is very odd...

Where I will agree with everyone else, I dont see this kid coming to CU, and truthfuly he seems like a little bit of a head case. But how awesome would it be to sign this kid over the big boys, KU, Kentucky, Duke, etc.

CU's not a bad situation for Daniels at all. He gets to go back west where he'll get trips back home. He has friends on the team, particularly Dinwiddie. He has pass-first point guards (almost to a fault). His frontcourt mates are more about defense and rebounding than about scoring. Colorado has demonstrated it can win, can put players into the NBA, can get national media attention, and can get good fan support.

It would be a good situation for him in a lot of ways. He'd definitely get a chance to showcase his skills. Buff fans would treat him like the 2nd coming.

I'm not expecting a commitment and I'm afraid to even hope for one. But I refuse to write off the possibility. It does fit.

The fact that he seems to be so indecisive with his decision probably works in our favor. He also has a suprisingly low amount of offers. Quality ones, but not much quanity. Still has two visits remaining. Its a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

is there greyshirting in basketball?

No. They play in both semesters.

Daniels case was the closest thing to that you'll ever see, though. He went to a post-graduate school rather than going straight to college. Then, Calipari tried to get him to come to Kentucky after the 1st semester and burn a year of eligibility by helping the 'Cats make a stretch run. Daniels told him "no, thanks" and it may be that they're not in the running any more.

Back