What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 OH WR Josh McClain

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
ScoutingOhio

697623.jpg

Northmont HS (Clayton, OH)

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 230
40: 4.86

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked ATH
Scout rating: NR WR
ESPN rating: 2*-70 grade; #223 ATH

Reported Offers: Colorado, Miami (OH)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohio Loaded At WR In 2011

Posted by Mark Porter on May 15, 2009 at 2:19 pm

If you can believe it, ScoutingOhio.com has been partnered with Bucknuts.com for two years now and this will be my first bold statement about recruiting: "The class of 2011 is loaded at wide receiver."

I have evaluated about 30 class of 2010 wide receivers, and right now I already see eight Division I scholarship wide receivers in the class of 2011 and a handful more that could shake things up once they produce some junior tape.

The big question will be, which of these eight wide receivers are worthy of an OSU scholarship?

Let's look at a few reasons why they may or may not show up on OSU's radar.
Josh McClain, Northmont (6-2, 200)
Why: Has prototypical size and frame. Red Zone threat.
Why Not: Might be a little stiff because of big frame.
http://www.bucknuts.com/blog/post-detail.php?p=6690

New Rivals article on McClain.

He could end up being one of CU's first commits this year. More detail at Rivals

"My number one would be Colorado, my number two would be Cincinnati and three would probably be Illinois or West Virginia," he responded. "I have been down to Cincinnati a lot and I know a lot of the players on the team. That is why I like them."

I've got McClain listed at WR, but you guys can see his photo. He's already like 230 lbs. Most programs are looking at him as an Athlete and he knows his future may be on defense (although he could play WR or TE). Because of the possibility of being a defensive guy in college, McClain will play some defense during his senior year. Just an FYI. We may adjust his profile to "ATH" down the road.

Back