What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 PA DE Branden Jackson (Signed to Texas Tech)

I'm not sure what you expect syko. It's not like the NFL draft where if you need a defensive tackle, you just wait your turn and pick the best one available. I can't and won't defend the previous regime, but Embree and company seem to be making an effort. You can't make them visit and the even if they do, you can't make them commit.
I guess they could bring in a bunch of guys who have no business playing in the Pac-12 and bitch about it down the road when they can't get on the field as upperclassmen. Or the staff can get the best set of athletes they can given the hole they started in and start fresh for next year. If there are no d-line prospects in the pipeline a year from now, you would have every right to complain. But given where they were a month ago, if the players aren't there, they're not there.

I'm not sure what you expect syko. It's not like the NFL draft where if you need a defensive tackle, you just wait your turn and pick the best one available. I can't and won't defend the previous regime, but Embree and company seem to be making an effort. You can't make them visit and the even if they do, you can't make them commit.
I guess they could bring in a bunch of guys who have no business playing in the Pac-12 and bitch about it down the road when they can't get on the field as upperclassmen. Or the staff can get the best set of athletes they can given the hole they started in and start fresh for next year. If there are no d-line prospects in the pipeline a year from now, you would have every right to complain. But given where they were a month ago, if the players aren't there, they're not there.

I answered you in the other thread but if they wait til next year, you're looking at 3-4 DT's they will need. That's a lot considering CU the last 15 years has trouble signing 1 each year.

I think numerous people, including myself, have posted this almost word for word in the last week or two. Good effort my man, but syko can't be reasoned with. He wants 1-2 DTs to have Colorado next to their name come early February, or else. If that doesn't happen, Tui, Embree, EB, Hawk, Bohn, McGee, and every single poster on this board is at fault.

I think numerous people, including myself, have posted this almost word for word in the last week or two. Good effort my man, but syko can't be reasoned with. He wants 1-2 DTs to have Colorado next to their name come early February, or else. If that doesn't happen, Tui, Embree, EB, Hawk, Bohn, McGee, and every single poster on this board is at fault.

Not anyone on this board's fault....

Not anyone on this board's fault....

:lol: You know I'm just messing with you syko. Seriously dude, we all want some DTs, reasons for why we might not get any this cycle have been repeated ad nauseam, so I'm not even going to list them again.

:lol: You know I'm just messing with you syko. Seriously dude, we all want some DTs, reasons for why we might not get any this cycle have been repeated ad nauseam, so I'm not even going to list them again.

I understand, I know people are tired of my DT rants. Can't help it, and my venom isn't toward anyone here.

I understand, I know people are tired of my DT rants. Can't help it, and my venom isn't toward anyone here.

I suppose I'm just accepting of your inevitable disappointment. I really do hope we get at least 1 DT because your point is totally valid, we need some DTs and we need better DT play in the future.

According to Scout, Jackson is officially not visiting this weekend and will visit Pitt instead, his fifth and final visit. If we had scheduled the visit for an earlier the date this probably would not have happened as Pitt only recently began going after him. Shouldnt we schedule players to visit asap to prevent things like this from happening.

Yeah, pretty clear that Embree wasn't hustling on this guy and should have scheduled him in here a long time ago.

:rolling_eyes:

Yeah, pretty clear that Embree wasn't hustling on this guy and should have scheduled him in here a long time ago.

So when is a long time ago? Just curious since he didn't have a long time to work with.

I would absolutely LOVE to have this guy suiting up for us over the next couple of years though.

Or maybe, just maybe he just doesn't want to come to CU and Embree was on him the whole time but he doesn't want to go to CU and didn't want to waste his last visit on a school he doesn't want to go to.

Or maybe, just maybe he just doesn't want to come to CU and Embree was on him the whole time but he doesn't want to go to CU and didn't want to waste his last visit on a school he doesn't want to go to.

But he was scheduled to come out here for a visit and listed us in his top 4 so cleary he was interested. My question is why didint we have him come out this past weekend? By waiting until the 28th to do the visit it allowed Pitt to swoop in and convince him to visit there.

Maybe he couldn't do it that weekend.

Guess I forgot the sarcasm font the first time. Let me try again with the font turned on:

I think Embree was just sitting around eating candy bars and watching TV and just didn't get around to scheduling him earlier.

Back