What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX QB Dexter Foreman (Blinn College)

Something this should help with is all the other Houston area prospects we're targeting. Guys take notice when there's a QB commit from their area.

Now we need two things to happen.

1. No excuses, no little things, no few plays away, we need a big turn around on the record this year. Eight win or better, trip to a decent bowl, some late season network decisions to put us on TV.

2. We need Dexter and his team to have a big year.

As Buffnik says a QB commit from the Houston area can get attention from guys in that area. Not only that but the Houston media reach extends over a big chunk of Texas population and even into Louisiana. If Dexter has a good year he will get attention and hearing "Colorado commit" by his name will draw attention to the Buffs. The other side of this is that the Buffs need to do something to take advantage of the attention. Winning speaks volumes, high school kids are a lot less concerned with the past four years than they are with the right now. If CU wins some games and can get some kids to visit they will look at it as the Buffs are a rising team and something to be a part of.

This all said, until Hawk and staff show that they can win at the Big XII level, I won't believe it until I see it but I always have hope.

Wow!!!! Welcome Dexter. Between the academics and the chance to play in B&G, this can definitely be you laboratory.

We were all wrong on our predictions for the first '11 commit.

Some of the better players we have had since ive been watching have come from the H-town area. Alot of talent there and hopefully this will help pull a few more.

The thing that worries me the most about holding onto the Foreman verbal is how important playing in the Big 12 seemed to him. A Pac 12 announcement could put a lot of strain on this one.

The thing that worries me the most about holding onto the Foreman verbal is how important playing in the Big 12 seemed to him. A Pac 12 announcement could put a lot of strain on this one.

I hope we hang on to Dexter, but a Pac 12 announcement means a hell of a lot more to me than one player.

Foreman is no longer a Buff commitment. It has long been rumored that his original commitment came as a surprise to CU coaches and that he never really had a committable offer. Not sure what the facts are, but he's no longer showing as a CU Verbal on the Rivals network.

Edit: I should add that Foreman was a huge Big 12 guy, so while he's still high on CU, the change of conference may have made him take a step back and give it some more thought. That's a very reasonable explanation and I truly don't know for sure.

Reported that Embree has had contact. He is also talking to Tulsa and Baylor, all as a QB.

He split time at QB this year with another guy with at least one D1 offer.

This kid is going to have MOUNTAINS of competition if he goes to A&M. He has a better chance of starting sooner if he comes to CU. Hope he knows that.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1170505

"I've talked to coach Embree personally," he said. "He was just interested in me making an official visit. Since he was the new coach he wanted to know what his recruits were looking like. He asked me to send a highlight tape of my senior year and he said he liked what he saw."

2010 Season Stats thru 13 games:

Completed: 83
Attempted: 131
Percentage: 63.4
Yards: 1,099
Yards/Completion: 13.2
Yards/Attempt: 8.39
Touchdowns: 9
Interceptions: 5
QB Rating: 97
Rushing Attempts: 70
Rushing Yards: 307
Yards Per Carry: 4.39
Touchdowns: 3

ESPN video: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/player/videos/_/id/92846/dexter-foreman

ESPN analysis summary:

Overall, Foreman is an impressive and physical athlete that does some nice things through the air and we would be surprised if his recruitment does not heat up through the summer and fall. Good player.

Mentions taking care of "clearinghouse" issues. Until that is done, his recruitment would be pretty lukewarm.

The guy looks tall and pretty impressive on film to me.

He is not going to be a Buff and I doubt he actually visits. I always got the feeling he was a kid who made it sound like schools were more interested in him than they really were.

Agree. He won't be a buff, Bear or whatever Tulsa is. Hell, he's not even the clear starter of his team. If Hawkings wouldn't accept his committment, I can't imagine Embree would. Also, not a single visit set up to any school? Please, somethin isn't right.

Agree. He won't be a buff, Bear or whatever Tulsa is. Hell, he's not even the clear starter of his team. If Hawkings wouldn't accept his committment, I can't imagine Embree would. Also, not a single visit set up to any school? Please, somethin isn't right.

Although there has been doubts on all the boards about this guy because Hawkins wouldn't accept his commitment, and he shared time at QB with another, I think it's "possible" you guys are missing the point that he wasn't cleared by NCAA clearinghouse. Hawkins (and most coaches) won't accept a commitment or even extend a visit invitation to a kid who hasn't gotten cleared.

It's certainly possible that this kid has finally gotten to the point where he can be recruited and that's been the issue. Of course, it's possible he's playing games. I think his film looks legit. Also, the guy he shared time with appears to have at least one offer (New Mexico State).

Is he a good enough athlete to be recruited as an athlete. Come in as a QB first giving us some depth there but with the possibility of moving to another position if he doesn't work out at QB?

I would be very surprised if CU hosted Foreman on an official visit, let alone offered a scholarship.

Is he a good enough athlete to be recruited as an athlete. Come in as a QB first giving us some depth there but with the possibility of moving to another position if he doesn't work out at QB?

Not really. Frankly, I think it would be a sign of desperation on the part of the staff if Foreman was offered.

So, the lead-in from a new Rivals article says the "former Colorado commit has visits planned to three schools and all have a chance to land him." Looking at his profile, only 3 schools are listed with an offer shown from all three, us among them. Is any of this true? Was he ever a commit to CU?

So, the lead-in from a new Rivals article says the "former Colorado commit has visits planned to three schools and all have a chance to land him." Looking at his profile, only 3 schools are listed with an offer shown from all three, us among them. Is any of this true? Was he ever a commit to CU?

I think all this is in this thread. He visited for the spring open house and was a surprise commit. After a while, people started hearing through the grapevine that he never had a committable offer. Then, at some point, it became public that Foreman's commitment wasn't accepted by Hawkins. Recently, it was confirmed that Foreman sent his film to the new staff. But there is nothing to indicate that Embree has extended an offer or an invitation for an official visit.

Okay, thanks for the correction. I did read this stuff here, but didn't see the relative dates. Although the Rivals article is only a couple of days old and the offer shows in his profile there, I guess they just have it wrong. I thought they were supposed to be good about fixing that stuff, let alone posting blatantly wrong "information." Glad I don't pay for it...

Back