What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

114 point differential in p12 play

lol, I actually liked Mac quite a bit when we hired him. My main reservation on him was his lack of experience at a big time program (I recall us debating whether or not some time as DB coach at Ole Miss was enough), but he had just brought SJSU back from the brink of death and I liked that a lot. Then he hired his staff which was holy **** bad. Then he just keeps all of Embree's terrible recruiting class. The milk went bad quickly for me.
Iirc it was in his initial comments like hours after accepting where he was asked if he was keeping Embree's commits and he said,"Well of course I am." Or something like that.... And it was clear he had no idea who any of these guys were or if they were any good. Lame

Oh good, the offseason threads have started. I was really looking forward to rehashing the same bull**** again for the next 9 months.
Yes, nothing is going to be resolved until the games start next Fall (assuming there's no change in HC). See you next August, I'm moving on to BBall.

I love it. Now we are blaming a coach that has been gone for 3 years. Hawkins did NOT recruit Spruce so lets drop that myth.

You can complain about honoring the commitments from Embree's staff but if you look at most of those guys they are contributing - Sefo, Lindsay, Huckins, Kronshage, Lisella, Frazier, Gilbert, Ross and Bobo. They are seeing the field. That CU has not recruited over them is not the fault of the previous staff.

I love it. Now we are blaming a coach that has been gone for 3 years. Hawkins did NOT recruit Spruce so lets drop that myth.

You can complain about honoring the commitments from Embree's staff but if you look at most of those guys they are contributing - Sefo, Lindsay, Huckins, Kronshage, Lisella, Frazier, Gilbert, Ross and Bobo. They are seeing the field. That CU has not recruited over them is not the fault of the previous staff.

Well, it is both. The new coaching staff made a mistake in honoring all of the commitments and then compounded the mistake by not recruiting over them. The OL recruiting woes started with that class. I still am baffled how MacIntyre's staff did not have a single OL recruit in their back pocket to sign late.

Let's face it. Not only does HCMM seem incapable of closing on top recruits, his overall recruiting plan/philosophy is poor. It is what it is, I guess.

Let's also look at the great win over powerful Oregon State, for a moment. A massive 17-point deluge of offense for a blowout 4-point win. San Jose State scored 3 TDs against them, but lost.

While beating Oregon State is far better than losing to them, I don't care to see solace taken in victories of The Worst Teams. That cannot be the "sign of improvement." It just can't. Not for CU. Maybe for St. Mary's. Maybe for Tulane. I mean, for all of the "close games that CU lost", it's a bleepin' shame that pathetic Oregon State can say that same for ONE of their games - and that's the CU game. sigh...

I truly do not expect MM to depart, or Richt to arrive here. But I am seeing more acceptance of mediocrity-and-less, and other fans correctly point out that low crowd levels that will follow. Maybe Colorado is just too poor of a football state to develop enough in-state talent. I wonder what percentage out-of-state tourism has on Colorado's sporting industries like snow-bunny-dom? (OK OK, I get it - I know technically the industry is "Skiing".)

Let's also look at the great win over powerful Oregon State, for a moment. A massive 17-point deluge of offense for a blowout 4-point win. San Jose State scored 3 TDs against them, but lost.

While beating Oregon State is far better than losing to them, I don't care to see solace taken in victories of The Worst Teams. That cannot be the "sign of improvement." It just can't. Not for CU. Maybe for St. Mary's. Maybe for Tulane. I mean, for all of the "close games that CU lost", it's a bleepin' shame that pathetic Oregon State can say that same for ONE of their games - and that's the CU game. sigh...

I truly do not expect MM to depart, or Richt to arrive here. But I am seeing more acceptance of mediocrity-and-less, and other fans correctly point out that low crowd levels that will follow. Maybe Colorado is just too poor of a football state to develop enough in-state talent. I wonder what percentage out-of-state tourism has on Colorado's sporting industries like snow-bunny-dom? (OK OK, I get it - I know technically the industry is "Skiing".)
Wrong, Dumbo. OSU almost beat OU better than we almost beat OU.

Change the thread title to "114 point differential in PAC 12 play"?

Worse than 2014

If we get our horns out, bring our lunch pail packed with orange slices and juice boxes and adjust the "little things" we are close.
I mean 1 play here or there close.

We were more competitive in the first half and even late into most games. Only exceptions were truly Stanford and Washington State. Our biggest problem are the gaping holes we are put in. We have to score a damn TD early and quit settling for 3 or not even getting that. We can't turn the ball over.

This team is better, but it is marginal and then another area is a deficiency. If we could get out of our own way, we'd have a shot.

Well, it is both. The new coaching staff made a mistake in honoring all of the commitments and then compounded the mistake by not recruiting over them. The OL recruiting woes started with that class. I still am baffled how MacIntyre's staff did not have a single OL recruit in their back pocket to sign late.

100% agree with that. Just seemed like they wanted to play too nice by not moving guys here. They took Gillam and Awuzie iirc.

Change the thread title to "114 point differential in PAC 12 play"?

Worse than 2014

Didn't fix it, but another mod did. But I wonder what the pac12 network guys were smoking. I swear I saw a graph showing 31 point differential. Maybe they meant all games?

Didn't fix it, but another mod did. But I wonder what the pac12 network guys were smoking. I swear I saw a graph showing 31 point differential. Maybe they meant all games?

You did. And the chart was clear it was conference games. Do not know how they could be so far off.

Reactions: SBG
I'd go down on the stars of the std photos in a dermatology textbook to have Duke's record the past few years.
And I'd...let Bufnik do that to have Dukes record the last few years. Then film Nikita taking him down and selling it online PPV. For horror mavens to watch.

Back