What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA CB Brandon Beaver (Signed to Washington)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Dominguez H.S. (Compton, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 185 lbs
40: 4.57 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #12 CB (#143 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; #27 CB
ESPN rating: 4*-79 grade; #21 CB
247s rating: 3*-89 rating; #29 CB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska, Tennessee, UCLA, Utah, Washington, Washington State, Boise State, Fresno State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, SMU

Great minds think alike, BB... but I beat you by 2 minutes. :lol:

This kid is likely to have a lot of offers by the time summer rolls around. There is a chance he and teammates will be coming to our camp.

This kid is likely to have a lot of offers by the time summer rolls around. There is a chance he and teammates will be coming to our camp.

There was a post on Rivals about a "Dominquez Trio".

In addition to Beaver, there's also the OT Lacy Westbrook that we like. Possibility on the defensive line, too: DE Damion Turpin. I'll put together a profile on Turpin, BB, if you think he's visiting with Lacy and Brandon.

Seems to be a lock to play somewhere in the Pac-12, but is open to a number of schools in the conference. Would love to see us get back into Compton for football players on a regular basis.

He seems to like Cal and Washington quite a bit. He is going to visit Washington next month and plans on attending camps at Arizona, CU, and Washington.

Compton Dominguez has another prospect, Alphonso Marsh, that is starting to pick up offers in addition to Beaver, Westbrook, and Turpin.

Nice. Cannot see him leaving the Pac-12, so I am not sure Tennessee is really a threat here.

This will be a fun recruitment to follow.

Alphonso Marsh and Brandon Beaver are shopping themselves to colleges as a package deal. The Compton Dominguez corners would like to stay together in college. CU has offered beaver but not Marsh (although we are looking at him). One interesting thing with this is that Beaver wants to get out of LA but Marsh leans UCLA right now. It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Marsh's profile: http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/59930-12-CA-CB-Alphonso-Marsh

Even if Beaver makes a commitment this summer, I expect him to take some officials in the fall.

Huffman tweeted today that Beaver is announcing his decision along with Alphonso Marsh next Tuesday. Probably not good news since he hasn't been out here for a visit. He's going to Arizona and ASU this weekend. Strange to hear since he just did an interview with cali high sports that sounded like he wasn't close to a decision.

http://www.calihighsports.com/articles/349

Rahim Moore was a safety and was drafted this year by the Broncos with the 45th overall pick.

:bang:

NU is the only school to have put a DB in the NFL. Oh well onto the next.

It's stupid to think that players should just go and choose schools that have put players in the NFL, there's a lot more to consider. And I don't know why you just assume that the reason certain players are in the NFL is because of the college they went to. I guees you think that Peyton Williams should have chosen Pitsburgh right? After all Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Bryant, and Johnathan Baldwin played WR there. And why would Shane Dillon come here when Florida St. just had Christien Ponder drafted in the 1st rd? I can go on...

Per Scout: Bad news today. Beaver narrowed to a final four for official visits: Nebraska, Washington, Arizona and Arizona State.

The small hope is that he would still have an OV date left to use if none of those schools does it for him, but it looks like we're out of it.

We need for McNamara to have a really good visit this weekend. He and Beaver have been in regular contact.

Back