What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA SF Xavier Johnson (Signed to Colorado)

This is a must get at this point. The '12 class cannot end up being the 2 Springs kids and some leftovers. I'm glad we're shooting high, but we need to start landing some of these larger fish.

Last edited:
This is a must get at this point. The '12 class cannot end up being the 2 Springs kids and some leftovers. I'm glad we're shooting high, but we need to start landing some of these larger fish.
I think that we need just one other in this class ... Wallace or Johnson would do, or maybe one of the sleeper guys like the Detroit kid ... next year that would make three 4 star caliber guys for 2012 class , three sophomores (assuming Mills is redshirted) 4 Juniors and leave three scholarships open for 2013 room for three freshman or if Cain gets well two and we keep him. Good class balance and better fish size than any class I can remember being recruited at CU

If we only take 1 more, that allows us to take 3 in 2013. It would balance things up quite a bit. I think we need 2 more, though. I'd go with 4 and add a wing type player along with a combo guard who can shoot.

I think it depends on the caliber of guy we can get ... If Wallace and Johnson both want in ... we take them ... If only one, we settle for 3 4's unless a real good sleeper drops in our lap

I think that we need just one other in this class ... Wallace or Johnson would do, or maybe one of the sleeper guys like the Detroit kid ... next year that would make three 4 star caliber guys for 2012 class , three sophomores (assuming Mills is redshirted) 4 Juniors and leave three scholarships open for 2013 room for three freshman or if Cain gets well two and we keep him. Good class balance and better fish size than any class I can remember being recruited at CU

I wouldn't be too upset if that's how it played out, but I'd really rather strike while the iron's hot. While the program certainly seems to be on the rise, things could turn the other way really easily. There's no guarantee that 2011's going to be a good year, and a key injury or two could very well mean a finish in the bottom third of the conference. I'm not sure Boyle and Co. have established themselves enough to overcome a rough season with that '13 class. It'd be pretty tough to pull some of those premier recruits coming off of a 10th place PAC 12 finish and no post-season play. If Johnson and Wallace both want to come, I wouldn't hesitate. And if they only land one of the two, plus a shooter or rebounder with the 4th scholly, I'd take that too. Don't get too greedy this year, load up with as much talent as possible, and worry about class balance later.

If we only take 1 more, that allows us to take 3 in 2013. It would balance things up quite a bit. I think we need 2 more, though. I'd go with 4 and add a wing type player along with a combo guard who can shoot.

:stupid:

Honestly, I was leaning towards taking four this year even when Cain was on scholarship. We've got a good group interested in us, plus landing some of the guys we're looking at this year will only help us in recruiting next year. I'd like to see us grab Johnson/Longrus and Wallace/Hairston. Four high quality recruits who bring a lot to the team. Then next year we go after a whale (I'm looking at you Hamilton) and someone like Scott.

SIAP, but is his offer list legit? It doesn't seem like some of those teams are actively recruiting him

Rivals has: Colorado, ASU, Harvard, Oregon St, UCLA, UNLV, USC

Scout has: Colorado, LSU (new), San Diego St, UNLV, UTEP

ESPN has: ASU, Harvard, Oregon St, UCLA, USC

247sports has: UCLA, USC

Now it's pretty hit or miss on reporting on offers, but I go with what they're saying. The only one that no longer is listed as offering that was on the original list was Arizona so I removed them.

SIAP, but is his offer list legit? It doesn't seem like some of those teams are actively recruiting him

As an FYI, in the football recruiting forum I just list everything from the premium sites or elsewhere that I see. Keeps it simpler to just go by "reported" versus trying to do detective work on everyone and see which ones are legit, aren't legit, used to be legit, etc.

Was looking at Coach T's twitter for a message he made earlier this week and stumbled across this one that I somehow missed yesterday:

LSU and VA Tech jumping in on one of our recruits.

Considering LSU is now listed as an offer for Xavier, I'm betting he's the recruit that Coach T is talking about.

A true honor my friend. Xavier is on the top of my wish list for the remaining realistic targets out there.

[video=youtube;H_Kc8dj_5RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Kc8dj_5RI[/video]

I just thought I'd bump to share this video.

And to give BCS a heart attack.

[video=youtube;H_Kc8dj_5RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Kc8dj_5RI[/video]

I just thought I'd bump to share this video.

And to give BCS a heart attack.

For those that don't follow bball recruiting, Austin Rivers is a consensus top 5 (Number 1 by some) freshman this year. He is Doc Rivers' kid as well. Austin is an amazing offensive talent.

This dunk is great...however...Austin is smaller than X and is not known for his defense. Still an awesome dunk though, especially for a HS kid. I'm really hoping we still get this kid - above all others.

Josh Gershon via twitter:

Colorado just got a good one. 2012 Mater Dei SF Xavier Johnson has committed to the Buffs, per a source. Story up in a few.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Hell yes!!! If you aren't on board with Buffs hoops yet, you better get on the bandwagon real quick. Great things happening for our team. Go Buffs!

Wow. I can't say I wasn't expecting it but it's pretty awesome how this staff is cleaning up on the recruiting trail. I really think that we'll be a perennial top 3 program in the Pac-12 within a couple of years.

Back