What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

12 Hours to Tip Off (Official Games Thread vs Stanford)

Never a moment in the game when the team did anything to get the crowd going. And that crowd was more than ready.

After the slow start, we never made a run.

Tonight was a complete failure.

We couldn't shoot.
We didn't move the ball well.
We didn't rebound.
We played the worst transition defense I've seen out of a Tad Boyle team.

Stanford is a bad matchup for us, but not that bad. We certainly could have played well and lost to them. But tonight we didn't even compete.

That was an abortion.

Let's hope it pisses them off as much and they close the home season Sunday with a real effort.

My thought is that the pressure of this game (conference champs) along with our loss at Stanford combined to make us way too uptight. Everyone was forcing ****. No one looked relaxed. Hopefully the young guys will learn from it. I hope.

What an embarassing let down

all season young team with no real scorer when you need a basket and no one to get the big board...bad FT shooting.....but this was more CU not ready for Prime Time basketball that I've seen so many times before....makes me a little queasy to say. maybe a year from now, two it's all diff but....expectations seem to set us back as a program so many times.

we create the fan support only to disappoint sometimes. people get excited, then get burned. speaking generally.

Last edited:
Id be embarrassed as **** as a player and I know those guys have to be. Best thing to do is just forget about this one, wipe it off the books. Carlon Brown, where u at man? Youre a senior I thought. Only thing they learned tonight is what an ass whipping feels like. We got pretty much dominated in every facet and didnt seem to wanna do much about it, that was the biggest disappointment for me. Oh yeah, forgot about the brilliant ft display. I stopped counting at miss 13 or 14 so dont know how many we ended with.

Last edited:
My thought is that the pressure of this game (conference champs) along with our loss at Stanford combined to make us way too uptight. Everyone was forcing ****. No one looked relaxed. Hopefully the young guys will learn from it. I hope.

This. Its way too much pressure for these young guys right now, and for the whole team in general. Lets not forget that this is the first year these guys have played with each other; they dont know how to handle their roles. They dont know how to handle the pressure as a team and i sense that no one has stepped up as a leader. We were so tight we couldnt make any shots out there.

That being said this is only good experience for the future. Take it, learn from it, and move on.

best part of last night was boyle's post game interview. He is a great coach, had a good plan to beat stanford on both ends and we just didnt execute. I think the team has already exceeded expectations and while the loss stings, i think he will have the boys teady to play on sunday

best part of last night was boyle's post game interview. He is a great coach, had a good plan to beat stanford on both ends and we just didnt execute. I think the team has already exceeded expectations and while the loss stings, i think he will have the boys teady to play on sunday
What did he say after the game?

I was disgusted at the performance of the team and left at halftime. As mentioned by others, the fans were ready to really get into the game, but the guys came out flat, got spanked early, couldn't make a shot, couldn't defend, couldn't do a damn thing. It reminded me of games from a few years ago when we were just a plain old bad & outmatched team. I'm hoping that this somehow lights a fire under them for the Cal game, but I'm worried about the psyche of this team after this kind of loss at home, where we were 7-0 in the P12 coming into the game.

Is Stanford our basketball version of Missouri in football during the Hawkins years? They sure look like they have our number and we have no answer and generally just look like **** against them.

He apologized to the fans and specifically pointed out how they were supposed to attack stanford on both offense and defense, like dont let gage catch and shoot (etc). Then he put the loss on him when we obviously didnt execute on both ends and got seriously outhustled.

**** stanford. I'm ready to hate them. As to Cal, well, We're gonna win. Good coaches don't let their teams don't do that two games in a row

This. Its way too much pressure for these young guys right now, and for the whole team in general. Lets not forget that this is the first year these guys have played with each other; they dont know how to handle their roles. They dont know how to handle the pressure as a team and i sense that no one has stepped up as a leader. We were so tight we couldnt make any shots out there.

That being said this is only good experience for the future. Take it, learn from it, and move on.

Maybe the first year they've played together but it is the end of the year. They've had plenty of time to get used to each other. There is no excuse for what happened last night.

As far as the pressure goes, well we just need to recruit "big game" players. There are "big game" freshman and sophs all over the country. We need them in Boulder. Hopefully those "big game" players will be coming in next season.

I can't believe people were talking about Roberson going to the NBA after this season. Not a chance in hell. He is no where near ready. Doesn't mean he won't get there but he sure isn't there right now.

Let's hope for the best on Sunday.

We had 18 more free throws then they did and had 12 fewer turnovers...shocking that those numbers yield not only a loss, but a 24 point loss.

I missed the game. How do those stats add up?

If by "add up" you mean how did we lose it's because we were outrebounded by 22, they hit 50% of their shots, we hit 30% of ours, and we missed 16 of those 30 free throws.

Sucky loss for Tad Boyle.
He might have lost some P12 Coach of the Year votes.

Those pundits picking the Buffs to finish 10th in the pre-season polls were let off the hook a little bit.

C'mon, Buffs. Let's get that awful losing taste out our mouths by beating the hell out of Cal. We do not want to finish the last home game of the regular season with a loss.

If by "add up" you mean how did we lose it's because we were outrebounded by 22, they hit 50% of their shots, we hit 30% of ours, and we missed 16 of those 30 free throws.

yes you usually shoot a lower percentage when you get fouled on your shot. Also harder to get rebounds when the other team doesn't miss. The two most embarrassing stats of the game (beside letting them shoot at 50%). They had 13 offensive rebounds to our 10, even after shooting 50% to our 30% and the FT% differential 47% for us and 75% for them.

Back