What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 IN QB Gunner Kiel (Signed to Notre Dame)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Columbus East H.S. (Columbus, IN)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 220 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 5*-6.1rr; #1 pro style QB (#20 overall)
Scout rating: 5*; #1 QB
ESPN rating: 4*-83 grade; #3 QB (#52 overall)
247s rating: 5*-98 rating; #1 pro style QB (#24 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Alabama, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Purdue, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, USC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

[video=youtube;dfc9oZRNPfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfc9oZRNPfQ[/video]

Still involved, but Oklahoma seems to be in really good position. Notre Dame is probably the biggest threat, although there is a good chance they get a commit from OH quarterback Maty Mauk pretty soon here. Mizzou seems to be running a distant third.

So are we past the obligatory 1 day grace period and you can preface what AZ's scoop was?

So are we past the obligatory 1 day grace period and you can preface what AZ's scoop was?

:nod:

Kiel is such a longshot with so much high-level competition that the coaching staff had shifted the emphasis to guys like Dillon. However, Kiel has decided to make an unofficial visit to CU this summer. So we're still in the game here and it's not that unusual for a guy to fall in love with Boulder if we can just get him out here.

Hmmm. Lots of conflicting info here. No shot to unofficial visit. I sense a Buffnik vs BoulderBuff death match.

Hmmm. Lots of conflicting info here. No shot to unofficial visit. I sense a Buffnik vs BoulderBuff death match.

:lol:

My impression is that BB's hunch is that Kiel commits elsewhere before our visit ever happens. I think that's a much more likely scenario than us signing him, but I think there's a ray of hope. Think twice before getting your hopes up.

Not really expecting us to sign him, but I am hopeful that we can get him out for a visit prior to him pulling the trigger for OU or the Irish or whatever place he may end up. Other recruits will notice that the #1 QB prospect in the country has decided to come and check out Boulder. Would be a very useful recruiting tool if nothing else.

If it helps motivate one of the other guys to commit and lock up our one QB spot, then I'd be fine with that.

So the smart money was on Oklahoma about a month ago, but Alabama has entered the picture in a big way here, to the point where they may be the favorite now.

He will be deciding soon and along with Bama and OU, the true darkhorse now is Indiana. Apparently Kevin Wilson and crew have made up a lot of ground.

So the smart money was on Oklahoma about a month ago, but Alabama has entered the picture in a big way here, to the point where they may be the favorite now.

He will be deciding soon and along with Bama and OU, the true darkhorse now is Indiana. Apparently Kevin Wilson and crew have made up a lot of ground.

ou will be making a push because an incoming qb was drafted in the mlb draft

Back