What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX OT Jeromy Irwin (Signed to Colorado)

No they are not related and yes I know the name. Glad to hear all the enthusiasm on the boys coming up to CU but I already knew how badly they were wanted from the beginning. They did get an offer from Boise State also but any interest in them ended with the AD getting fired this week and all the info coming out of self-emposed sanctions etc. Not a program we want to be a part of

No they are not related and yes I know the name. Glad to hear all the enthusiasm on the boys coming up to CU but I already knew how badly they were wanted from the beginning. They did get an offer from Boise State also but any interest in them ended with the AD getting fired this week and all the info coming out of self-emposed sanctions etc. Not a program we want to be a part of

Don't blame ya on that one!

You mentioned before that the twins were working hard for the upcoming season -- how are dealing with the heat? Have they had to adjust the schedules any to account for it?

Not to mention Boulder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boise.

090731A20.jpg

BoiseStateUnversity.jpg

Do you know what they are wanting to major in?

Well, after they summer camp was over, they have been going to the gym and working out in the heat, not to mention running bleachers etc. Their two a days started this week going from 8 until 10:30 and then 12:30 until 3:30. We started hydrated them well last saturday but I think in the 110 heat indices it was stupid to have the kids outside that long. One boy on the team dehydrated so bad the ambulance came took him to the hospital last Tuesday. Oh well, two a days are over and only later afternoon practices for next week.

I like the way you're thinking. One of the things I always wonder about when kids commit to a program that is ethically turbulent is what kind of message are the parents teaching their kids?

They did get an offer from Boise State also but any interest in them ended with the AD getting fired this week and all the info coming out of self-emposed sanctions etc. Not a program we want to be a part of

Wait.. what? Self imposed sanctions at Boise? What happened?

Wait.. what? Self imposed sanctions at Boise? What happened?

Lack of institutional control, but it was almost entirely stuff related to non-revenue sports. The football team had a minor violation, but the AD ultimately had to step down.

Wow, nice to have some brothers up there. We have two other cy fair boys and Colorado School of Mines and another two at Air Force, Cy Fair is taking over Colorado, lol. Thanks for the welcome!!! BTW I'm their mom!!

Verbal commitment today, the boys are always prepared and ready. Look forward to seeing them play!! "Go Buffs"

Ann Henry, we are glad to welcome officially the boys as part of the Buffs family, I had a feeling for a long time that this is how it was going to end up and even if the AD situation hadn't occurred at Boise I think the boys would have ended up making the better decision.

You have every right to be bursting with pride having two sons who are not only very good football players but also very good kids. We hope are able to get to Boulder a lot to see them over the next few years.

Wow, nice to have some brothers up there. We have two other cy fair boys and Colorado School of Mines and another two at Air Force, Cy Fair is taking over Colorado, lol. Thanks for the welcome!!! BTW I'm their mom!!

I heard that Moett88 thinks she is a better cook than you. You'll probably have to show up to a Sackygate or two to prove her wrong. Iron Chef style.

Seriously, we're all excited to welcome the Irwin bros to the Black and Gold!

Back