What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX PG Asia Booker (WBB) (Verbal to Lamar)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
HoopGurlz

mediaManager

Ozen H.S. (Beaumont, TX)

Club Team:

Ht: 5-foot-5

HoopGurlz rating: 3*-85 grade; #86 PG

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Houston, Lamar, Rice, Texas Tech

Looks like we're in on a slick point guard from Beaumont, TX.

Asia Booker. ESPN/Hoopgurlz has her rated as a 3* and we're up against the likes of Arizona and Texas Tech.

She's only 5'5", but it sounds like she's brings some game we haven't seen in a while:

On the floor for Ozen High School (Beaumont, Texas) in a Class AAAA semifinal. The lighting-quick 5-5 junior point guard showed that despite her small stature, she can create scoring opportunities off the dribble in the halfcourt. She hit both midrange jumpers and three-pointers alike while managing to grab three steals on the night as well.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/130465

Here's what Premier Basketball Report had to say about her:

Asia Booker is a 5'4" point guard from Ozen High School In Beaumont, Texas. Her favorite sport to watch is basketball and her favorite player to watch is Lebron James. Her favorite hobby is listening to music, her favorite movie is "Love and Basketball", and her favorite class in school is English. She said that her favorite food is crawfish and she loves to listen to R and B music.

Asia said that her goal in high school is to win a State Championship this year and in her Senior season as well. She also hopes to win the 4x100 in track. They came in second last year in the 4x100. When asked what college she would like to attend she said that she is leaving all of her options open because there are so many great colleges out there to choose from today. If she could visit any place in the world she would love to go to Hawaii. She said that her role model is her mom Ramona Jones Locke who played college basketball for the Lamar Lady Cardinals. Her mom led Lamar to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Playoffs in 1991-92.

Asia is an excellent ball handler who is the spark plug on her team. She is a scorer even for her size and position. She can run the floor, push the ball and make things happen.

http://www.premierbasketballreport.com/index.cfm?load=news&newsarticle=49&page=78

Attachments

• AsiaBooker.jpg
    AsiaBooker.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
Weird coincidence that we signed Askia Booker as a MBB PG. Hopefully, we can corner the market on "Bookers".

Also 2 others.. ESPN 4* 6'2" (or 6'4") F Jamee Swan and 4* 6'5" post Tess Picknell have the Buffs in their lists of schools they are considering. I like the level of players these coaches are trying to get!

Very weird coincidence in the names of recruits we are targeting. Ozen is the state's premier 4A boys basketball program not considered a Dallas or Houston school. Much hardware to be found in that school's trophy case. Not familiar with their girls' program but the school alone tells me we're looking at someone who attends school in a culture of basketball excellence and that winning expectation is something we need out of the gate for a freshman in any sport.

Good info Buffnik and Bebe! Is it me or does it seem like recruiting is on the upswing across the board at CU? I mean, WBB, MBB, Football, VB all seem to be chasing and getting better recruits than in the recent past.

I also like the fact that there is some Womens BB recruiting talk on this board. This kind of info is not as readily available as Mens BB and football recruiting.

Also 2 others.. ESPN 4* 6'2" (or 6'4") F Jamee Swan and 4* 6'5" post Tess Picknell have the Buffs in their lists of schools they are considering. I like the level of players these coaches are trying to get!
Quoting myself. Oh well.

Unfortunately the 4* post from Oregon, Tess Picknell, has verballed to Stanford. Hopefully the coaching staff has a "plan B" for a 2012 post recruit.

Back