What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX RB Benjamin Catalon (Signed to TCU)

Rivals article is up:

"When I committed, Coach Bieniemy was in a room with the other coaches and they were all yelling, 'We got a commit! We got B.J.!' I got a chance to talk to a lot of the other coaches and they seemed really excited. They were all really happy."

Catalon has yet to visit Boulder. He plans to take an unofficial visit to Colorado the weekend of April 9.

Full Article

Sure is nice to see some early commits for a change. It has been a while. Hopefully this continues.

I doubt it's a coincidence that Bieniemy sealed the deal with Catalon -- although that's not saying much.

My initial feeling is that recruits are jumping on board early, which hardly could be said about the last two Hawkins classes. This staff has the makings of top recruiting staff and EB is one of the stars. I'd didn't pay close attention when the staff was assembled but I caught up on my homework (so to speak) and was very impressed by the staff's level of experience, particularly at the pro level, which has to impress recruits.

I'm going to continue to push my prediction that we'll see success in SoCal because of the problems at SC and UCLA. It will take until NLOI day to confirm whether or not I'm right but I'll be watching recruiting news with great interest, and at far earlier point than any year in the last decade.

Really good vision and burst. He's got the Terrell Davis gene -- set up your blocks, see the hole, make one cut, and go. I love that running style.

Coach Bienemy before I commit, I would like to know again about your track record. Which running back were you coaching last year, and is he considered very good now?

Coach Bienemy before I commit, I would like to know again about your track record. Which running back were you coaching last year, and is he considered very good now?

As a follow-up, who was the last running back you developed at the college level?

runs just like speedy. little shoulder shimmy with every stride. knows how to use his small frame to dip under guys arm tackles, which will take him far as far as ypc. thats awesome. way to go eb.

I hope this staff keeps it up.. they certainly don't have any hesitancy pulling the trigger on offering and getting the guys that they want to commit! Welcome, Benjamin!

Some guys are track stars and it doesn't translate to the field. Catalon speed translates to the field, he is a legit 4.4 secs in the 40 fast on the field, and with more training i believe he can run sub 4.3.

Last edited:
AZ just had a write-up on him. Said something about Catalon being ranked like 22nd in the nation in the 100 meter. Dude can fly.

Some guys are track stars and it doesn't translate to the field. Catalon speed translates to the field, he is a legit 4.4 secs in the 40 fast on the field, and with more training i believe he can run sub 4.3.

Do you realize how fast a sub-4.3 40 is? I can safely say Catalon is very fast and he will never run a sub-4.3 40, which is fine, because about 99.5% of football players will never run that fast. It takes a bit more than just a lot of training to be that fast.

the 100m time and ranking is much more impressive than his rivals 40 time. That is legit speed, the kind we haven't seen around here in a while on offense, especially at the RB position.

Do you realize how fast a sub-4.3 40 is? I can safely say Catalon is very fast and he will never run a sub-4.3 40, which is fine, because about 99.5% of football players will never run that fast. It takes a bit more than just a lot of training to be that fast.

He is still growing, and yes you can get faster with training.

He is still growing, and yes you can get faster with training.

Truth. but you can't train elite speed. and sub 4.3 40 (legit) is elite speed. Very few human beings, even with high tech training, are capable of it. And even fewer can translate that onto a football field when they are weighed down by pads.

Truth. but you can't train elite speed. and sub 4.3 40 (legit) is elite speed. Very few human beings, even with high tech training, are capable of it. And even fewer can translate that onto a football field when they are weighed down by pads.

Never say Never, yes we can, and yes he can Lol.

Have you ever seen a sub 4.3 runner? That's fast and not a common thing to see.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-209037151-12366958721.jpg

the 100m time and ranking is much more impressive than his rivals 40 time. That is legit speed, the kind we haven't seen around here in a while on offense, especially at the RB position.

So what was his 100m time? IIRC, Hugh Charles ran a 10.5 100m, and I think that may have been the last truly straight line fast guy CU has had for a while...

Back