What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX SG Uche Ofoegbu (Signed to SMU)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247Sports

mediaManager

John Paul Stevens H.S. (San Antonio, TX)

AAU: Texas D-1 Ambassadors - San Antonio

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 175 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SF
Scout rating: 3*; unranked SG
ESPN rating: 2*-86 grade; #81 SF
247 rating: N/A

Reported Offers: Colorado, Gonzaga, Miami(FL), Penn State, SMU, Stanford, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, UNLV, UTEP

Last edited by a moderator:
Scouting report from last month's Great American Shoot Out: http://texasbasketballinc.blogspot.com/2011/06/great-american-shootout-monday-report.html

Class: 2012

Height: 6-foot-5

School/AAU team: San Antonio Stevens HS/Texas D-1 Ambassadors-San Antonio

Notable: Ofoegbu showed that he can put the ball in the hole at the GASO. On a team full of potential scorers, Ofoegbu had one of the better offensive productions throughout the tournament. He also showed his ability to play defense.

2012+Uche+Ofoegbu.JPG

New Rivals article:

"I want to make a decision before my last year of basketball and sign in November."

Ofoegbu's anticipates taking all five of his official visits this fall. He has not yet narrowed anything down and is uncertain as to which programs will get the majority of his attention.

Also in the article, he's got two older brothers. The first played at Texas Tech and the second plays at SMU. Hopefully we can get him to Boulder on one of his five officials. I always like our chances once someone gets on campus.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239443

for being unrated... he has some impressive offers...

The premium sites don't do a great job on basketball. Probably because the money's in football for them. But Uche is a guy they should be aware of since he had 2 brothers who went D-1 and he's been on the camp circuit. Ridiculous that he's only on 2 of the 4 and unrated on both of them.

It sounds like the book on him is that he's a shooter from the wing who can also get to the basket. Pretty much perfect for Boyle's offense.

ESPN finally has a grade on him. 2*-85 grade. No player evaluation yet though.

I should have checked Rivals & Scout before posting. Scout still doesn't have anything, but Rivals has him as a 3*.

Back