What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA CB Ryan Lewis (Signed to Pittsburgh)

... I firmly believe that being the son of a coach and player is a positive.

I do in most cases, although it can work both ways. Some kids just want to make their own mark in life and since dad was also a CB.... Most times, that is not the case and I see no evidence it's something to worry about here. But it can work both ways. Playing D1 sports is HARD WORK.

I want this guy and it is hard to not be optimistic given the Rivals story about him favoring us. He has skills and I don't want to reopen our ongoing debate in the other thread about stars, etc. but I bet he ends up higher rated than he is now by signing day.

I want this guy and it is hard to not be optimistic given the Rivals story about him favoring us. He has skills and I don't want to reopen our ongoing debate in the other thread about stars, etc. but I bet he ends up higher rated than he is now by signing day.

Safe bet when he missed his entire junior year with a hamstring injury. All the ratings and offer lists are based on junior year until the senior film is available. We got in early by offering in October. Most are just getting film now.

Are we still in it for Lewis?

Yes. If Yuri keeps waffling instead of pulling the trigger on the CU offer, I think we'll accept Lewis soon. We may actually be high enough on Lewis that we would take him regardless of what Yuri does.

Yes. If Yuri keeps waffling instead of pulling the trigger on the CU offer, I think we'll accept Lewis soon. We may actually be high enough on Lewis that we would take him regardless of what Yuri does.
I'd really like to get this kid. Thanks Nik.

Take 'em both. No sense turning away perfectly good talent.

i really want lewis to be a buff... you have to think that probably closes the door on yuri wright...no?

RYAN LEWIS - HUDL HIGHLIGHTS

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/595535/ryan-lewis

Very good looking athlete. Spent majority of his time at HB and I wouldn't be against giving him a look there. Very quick getting up on the LOS and blocks, with good ball carrier vision. Speed is very good. I'd say at least 4.5. He's a long strider who hits his top end speed quick. Doesn't have a BJ Catalon type 2nd gear but more than good enough to make things happen and has the natural speed to separate and out run folks. I think he'll be a natural kid on the return teams. He's a one cut and go type back and worked extensively out of an I-formation/west coast style offense in HS.

In regards to switching him to DB... i'm skeptical of him at corner. He seems really tight in the hips, and his COD is not elite like Crawley, Yuri, Solomon. Doesn't show the knee flex to be a great man to man CB, with his backpedal. He could be a solid tampa 2 style CB. I think he could slide into the safety position and could make some things happen at FS where he has the ability to read the QB, react and make a play on the ball. His hands are OK. Will come up and fill the lane. Body wise, very similar to Ray Polk who was also a converted HB turned safety. I would imagine they convert the same way to DB.

If our rash of injuries last year taught us anything, it's that you need quality back-ups.

I don't have any clue where the staff thinks young Mr Lewis is best suited to play, but the positions I've seen referred to in this thread -- corner, safety, running back -- all had folks go down with injuries last year. I'm not an analyst or talent evaluator, but it seems that Ryan has the speed and athleticism to play any at any of those 3 spots (most questionable being CB, but that's just an outside, uneducated opinion).

I think you bring Lewis into the fold and sort out his position later. The staff should know after summer and/or fall ball where he can best provide value to the team.

disappointed but not surprised. Thought it was unlikely he would sign after Crawley and Wright signed.

I wonder if with the number situation his CU offer became a conditional depending on who else might commit. He looks like a good player but we with limited spots and other potential guys at other postions the coaches may not have had much choice.

Back