What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA OT Walker Williams (Signed to Wisconsin)

Visit recap DoWork?:thumbsup:

Great visit, CU moved way up on the list which was a surprise to us coming into this which is why visits are so important, especially unoffical visits.

We spent 4 hour with Coach Marshall and had a great visit with the weight room coach, Coach Blacken, an important componet in the picture. I can't wait to see what a great conditioning coach does with that 6'7, 320 pound frame - We also had 30 minutes or so with Coach Embree and ended with a meeting with the Engineering Prof (Walker is interested in Nuclear Engineering and possibly applying it to Law...) so our questions as far as academics were answered.View attachment 6884 Walker was impressed with the stadium and vibe of the coaches (in the end it's about Bowl games, right?) and went away feeling really great about Colorado.View attachment 6885 Coach Embree seemed very sincere about the importance of education (Walker has been in private school since Kindergarten) and that is important to him - and Walker plays from his head as well as his body - he gets the mental part of the game as well as the physical so they seemed to really connect on that level. View attachment 6886The campus is beautiful and I belive there was some mention about how beautiful the young ladies on campus were as well... :)

He will be making his decision on where his official visit will be at the end of the month and I would be surprised if CO does not remain one of the top interests for Walker. We're really looking forward to that possibility. Everything is there, in the end it's about the connection, where do you see yourself for the next 5 years... it was a great time in Boulder, it was really overwhelming... as I told Coach Marshall and Coach Bieniemy at the end of the day as we were leaving, they gave us lots to think about and it was obvious that Walker was really impressed. Lots to think about for sure! Great place in so many ways... the visit made a huge difference ~

Last edited:
Great visit, CU moved way up on the list which was a surprise to us coming into this which is why visits are so important, especially unoffical visits.

We spent 4 hour with Coach Marshall and had a great visit with the weight room coach, Coach Blacken, an important componet in the picture. I can't wait to see what a great conditioning coach does with that 6'7, 320 pound frame - We also had 30 minutes or so with Coach Embree and ended with a meeting with the Engineering Prof (Walker is interested in Nuclear Engineering and possibly applying it to Law...) so our questions as far as academics were answered.View attachment 6884 Walker was impressed with the stadium and vibe of the coaches (in the end it's about Bowl games, right?) and went away feeling really great about Colorado.View attachment 6885 Coach Embree seemed very sincere about the importance of education (Walker has been in private school since Kindergarten) and that is important to him - and Walker plays from his head as well as his body - he gets the mental part of the game as well as the physical so they seemed to really connect on that level. View attachment 6886The campus is beautiful and I belive there was some mention about how beautiful the young ladies on campus were as well... :)

He will be making his decision on where his official visit will be at the end of the month and I would be shocked if CO does not remain one of the top interests for Walker. We're really looking forward to that possibility. Everything is there, in the end it's about the connection, where do you see yourself for the next 5 years... it was a great time in Boulder, it was really overwhelming... as I told Coach Marshall and Coach Bieniemy at the end of the day as we were leaving, they gave us lots to think about and it was obvious that Walker was really impressed. Lots to think about for sure! Great place in so many ways... the visit made a huge difference ~

Thanks for the recap! Your son seems very balanced, you must be proud. Glad the school, coaches, food, and women made a good impression! It's really interesting to hear it from your side. Rep!

Very nice recap DoWork. Glad to hear Walker enjoyed his visit to CU and Boulder.

He will be making his decision on where his official visit will be at the end of the month and I would be shocked if CO does not remain one of the top interests for Walker. We're really looking forward to that possibility. Everything is there, in the end it's about the connection, where do you see yourself for the next 5 years... it was a great time in Boulder, it was really overwhelming... as I told Coach Marshall and Coach Bieniemy at the end of the day as we were leaving, they gave us lots to think about and it was obvious that Walker was really impressed. Lots to think about for sure! Great place in so many ways... the visit made a huge difference ~

Glad you and your family enjoyed the visit. It sounds exactly like my first visit to CU. Same feelings and the same reasons why I ended up at CU. I don't regret me decision one minute.

Best of luck with the rest of the process!

Any news here, this is a kid who I really want to be a Buff. Huge upside and seems to be a very good fit

Any news here, this is a kid who I really want to be a Buff. Huge upside and seems to be a very good fit

Haven't seen anything. Williams is at the top of my list, too.

I did hear from someone who saw him on his visit that Williams is such a huge human being that once he gets to his full bulk he is going to make guys like Ryan Miller look small. And that right now, despite his current weight, he's so fit that he makes guys like Miller look fat. Nate Solder type body fat.

Haven't seen anything. Williams is at the top of my list, too.

I did hear from someone who saw him on his visit that Williams is such a huge human being that once he gets to his full bulk he is going to make guys like Ryan Miller look small. And that right now, despite his current weight, he's so fit that he makes guys like Miller look fat. Nate Solder type body fat.

I heard hes so big not even chuck norris would fight him.

I heard hes so big not even chuck norris would fight him.

You're all crazy! Chuck is in his "twilight" years so he may not want to take him on but Walker is a brown belt, put black on hold to prepare for football camps... spent 6 years in the marital arts studio and 4 on the ice playing ice hockey until his size 18 feet got too big for skates. Was a sad day. :cry:

Last edited:
You're all crazy! Chuck is in his "twilight" years so he may not want to take him on but Walker is a brown belt, put black on hold to prepare for football camps... spent 6 years in the marital arts studio and 4 on the ice playing ice hockey until his size 18 feet got too big skates. Was a sad day. :cry:

The idea of him on the ice is both terrifying and hilarious! Hockey is the realm of the medium sized guy. Nice to have you back. What's the latest?

The idea of him on the ice is both terrifying and hilarious! Hockey is the realm of the medium sized guy. Nice to have you back. What's the latest?
man... just thinking about that freight train bearing down on you as you try to dig the puck out of the corner...woooo wooooooooooooooooo

I play hockey but if he suits up, I retire. Has he broken down boards and glass? If he can't cut it at football, the Avs could use an enforcer.

You're all crazy! Chuck is in his "twilight" years so he may not want to take him on but Walker is a brown belt, put black on hold to prepare for football camps... spent 6 years in the marital arts studio and 4 on the ice playing ice hockey until his size 18 feet got too big skates. Was a sad day. :cry:
A guy this big trained in mayhem is just not fair. I'm having necessary roughness flashbacks.

You're all crazy! Chuck is in his "twilight" years so he may not want to take him on but Walker is a brown belt, put black on hold to prepare for football camps... spent 6 years in the marital arts studio and 4 on the ice playing ice hockey until his size 18 feet got too big for skates. Was a sad day. :cry:

I have to admit....I am a grown man, and I think I will cry if Walker doesn't play at CU. he is my number one target this year. I hope CU is in the running big time because with the pro set run game, we need big time on the OL. And this young man MIGHT redshirt--but I am not convinced of that even. If he does, I expect him to start for four years at CU.

Walker Wiliams

Personally, I'm really hoping Walker, Garnett, and Banner all head to Udub. If they join Kohler, Porter, Hatchie, and some of the other stud linemen, then the dawgs offense will be a monster with the likes of Kasen Williams, Austin Seferien-Jenkins and the stable of nice running backs. Not to mention a stable of stud quarterbacks. Man, that would be a monster O-Line with Walker and Banner as bookends and Kohler and Garnett on the inside! I want the Pac-12 to keep the talent in conference, so I hope he does not depart for Wiskey.

Last edited:
Ryan Miller. He's on the Outland award watch list and a pre-season All American if I'm not mistaken.

You do have Miller on there. For some reason my eyes never make it that far to the right on your post.:lol::wow::lol:

Personally, I'm really hoping Walker, Garnett, and Banner all head to Udub. If they join Kohler, Porter, Hatchie, and some of the other stud linemen, then the dawgs offense will be a monster with the likes of Kasen Williams, Austin Seferien-Jenkins and the stable of nice running backs. Not to mention a stable of stud quarterbacks. Man, that would be a monster O-Line with Walker and Banner as bookends and Kohler and Garnett on the inside! I want the Pac-12 to keep the talent in conference, so I hope he does not depart for Wiskey.

Not sure you get how this fan site thing works. Discussion is welcome, but why would you come herejust to ay you want players your coaches are after? That's just silly. Tell it to people who care.

Not sure you get how this fan site thing works. Discussion is welcome, but why would you come herejust to ay you want players your coaches are after? That's just silly. Tell it to people who care.
There's the great CU welcome we need to start giving people who come to this board!

Maybe I could have made my point more clear, but the basics of it was that I would prefer he stayed in the Pac12 (including CU) rather than lose talent to other conferences.

It's all good (well, except for 'tini). My point was just sunshine pumping another school is kind of pointless, and it was the first of your posts that I'd seen. I see that you have been a contributor in other threads. Welcome!

Rivals mentioned an unofficial visit from Walker. Anyone have any info on how it went? I don't have a membership.

Back