What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA S Ma'ne Manaea (Signed to Idaho)

Kids are so dumb sometimes. Why in the world would you ever broadcast your soft verbal status to the media? All it can do is hurt them.

The other two "soft" verbals (Catalon and Ironkasi) are no longer commits. Hopefully Manaea will be different.

Kids are so dumb sometimes. Why in the world would you ever broadcast your soft verbal status to the media? All it can do is hurt them.

He'd only do it if he wanted other offers, which means we're just a backup plan. At least, that's how it appears.

Well, if he's willing to listen, Id say we should be willing to listen to someone who wants to play here.

Manaea has since backed off his comments, according to AZ. Waiting for an article I can link from BuffScoop, but it sounds like he's more solid now than he appeared in the previous interview. Remember, Kough was the same way in the initial interviews after his commitment and has firmed up since. It's never over until signing day, but indications are that the Manaea commitment is more like Kough and less like Catalon.

MA'NE MANAEA–SAFETY–LAKES (WA) - 2012

Scout's Take: These highlights from Lakes opening game are the first of Manaea (#14, with long hair) in about a year. The senior safety missed the majority of his junior year with a head injury. Manaea hauls in three receiving touchdowns in this game, showing his ability to get separation from the competition. Manaea is an athlete that can play anywhere on the field, returning punts and even throwing a pass in the highlights. Manaea will play safety at Colorado

New highlights at link for Scout members: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1111409.html

http://hswashington.scout.com/2/1114209.html

I hope I copied the link correctly - this was posted today on Scout.com. Great interview, you can tell he was wound up after the game!

As far as offers, all you need is one and this looks like the right one. Aaron Rogers (as well as many others) had zip out of HS. Ma'ne will do the Buffs proud.

http://hswashington.scout.com/2/1114209.html

I hope I copied the link correctly - this was posted today on Scout.com. Great interview, you can tell he was wound up after the game!

As far as offers, all you need is one and this looks like the right one. Aaron Rogers (as well as many others) had zip out of HS. Ma'ne will do the Buffs proud.

I like everything about his game, DoWork. The only thing that is concerning me were some reports that he had concussion issues. Considering that he's playing at a high level this year, those reports must have either been false or overblown.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some more offers before it's said and done, especially considering he missed most of his junior year.

Well, if he's willing to listen, Id say we should be willing to listen to someone who wants to play here.​

Yes, this is an appropriate attitude to take with regards to CU recruiting.

I like everything about his game, DoWork. The only thing that is concerning me were some reports that he had concussion issues. Considering that he's playing at a high level this year, those reports must have either been false or overblown.

Not following your logic here 'Nik. Concussion issues don't keep a kid from playing well when he's had some rest. But the next one might signal his last game.

think you read that wrong, lukes saying if that kid wants to listen to others, then we will look elsewhere.
Yep pretty much what I was saying except for looking elsewhere, just listening elsewhere since he was a soft commit. Doesnt seem to be the case anymore so all is good. Im with a few others here being concerned with the concussions tho, hope he's past it.

I know he is visiting this weekend, along with tyron wallace for basketball. Any one else visiting? i looked on scout and it only listed Ma'ne

Saw him sitting with Dillon and McNamara and he is much bigger than 175. Looked to be talking to McNamara about coming here, same with Dillon.

Lakes lost to Bellevue today, asked this guy, who saw the game, what he thought about Manaea.

gwaMtSpokane_normal.gif

MtSpoFootball Mt. Spokane Football @

@Allbuffs He plays hard EVERY play. Lots of heart. Going to be a great addition. Bellevue is just that good though.

6 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
Retweeted by Allbuffs

gwaMtSpokane_normal.gif

MtSpoFootball Mt. Spokane Football @

@Allbuffs Hes had some nice tackles, returns, and punts, but haven't really seen him in coverage tonight. Bellevue runs almost every play.

I love this kid, I just had to start out with that. We saw him at the photo shoot last Sunday for the All Area Team Selection at the Tacoma News Tribune and everytime we talk it just reaffirms to me that my first impression of him was spot on. He's upbeat, engaging, comes from a very close loving family and is serious about his football. He loves football and he was sporting his CU beenie that day - he loves his hats! I asked him how his offical went and he said it was a blast and he is so excited to get out to Boulder and be a part of Buff football, so is Zaheer.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Buff fans - here's another reason to give thanks, and there are many! Enjoy your families and friends ~
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/23/1918821/do-everything-mane-manaea-makes.html

Back