What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 AZ PF Torren Jones (Signed to Missouri)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

c8045587-6c51-df11-a5ba-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

Basha HS (Chandler, AZ)

AAU: Arizona Stars

Ht: 6-foot-8
Wt: 210 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PF (#131 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; unranked PF
ESPN rating: 3*-90 grade; #36 PF
247 rating: 4*-92 grade; #20 PF (#91 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, San Francisco, San Jose St, USC

Last edited:
Good news:

Moreover, he currently holds offers from Arizona and Colorado, with interest coming from Oregon State, Washington State, UCLA, USC, Iowa State and DePaul.

Bad news:

He did say Arizona, UCLA, USC, Kansas and Iowa State were the five schools currently standing out. UCLA and USC are the two he’s visited the most due to playing with Cal Supreme on the AAU circuit.

Potential good news:

“I’m looking for good academics, style of play and location,” Jones said.

Being from Arizona and playing with a California-based travel team, he is more interested in West Coast teams. However, he’s not afraid to go away for school, either.

All from this article. CBSSports/MaxPreps has him as the #81 prospect in 2013 right now. Read on one of the sites that Arizona offered him after his freshman year, so I would imagine they have a leg up.

Also, you can visit his unofficial site. Not sure who's running it, but hopefully someone close to him because otherwise that's kind of creepy.

Last edited:
Adam had a great article on Jones & two of his teammates - Jarron Hopkins and Maurice Kirby.

"Torren is probably the fastest kid on the court every game he plays," Pinter said. "He has unbelievable speed and athleticism and he has a really good motor. He can defend the three, four or five. He has a good jump shot from about 15 feet and he has real good strength inside. His jump hook is coming along and he keeps working on his skills, his ball-handling and his jump shot, every day."

A number of colleges are tracking Jones' progress. He received early offers from Arizona and USC, but are now in wait and see mode.

"I know Torren went to Colorado's Elite Camp and he is pretty high on Colorado," Pinter said. "He really likes the head coach at Colorado and Colorado loves him, too. Torren and his mom are going down on Monday to see Arizona State and I know he is excited about that. Cal likes him. Washington State loves him. San Francisco offered. Arizona is still recruiting him. I'm sure the July evaluation next year is going to be huge for him."

Also, Arizona Super 80 Game Notes:

Also in that 2013 game (and on the same team as Hopkins and Watson) were Basha teammates Torren Jones and Maurice Kirby. Jones is a 6'8" forward who has the athletic ability to play in an up-tempo system and run the floor, and when the effort's there he's a tough player to keep in check. The schools that have shown the most interest are Colorado and San Jose State (offers), Arizona State, Auburn, Penn, Oregon State and Washington. But the five schools he'd like to receive offers from are Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and USC.

Torren is a very athletic kid who can get up and down the court with the quickness. He finishes strong at the basket and works very hard on both ends of the court. He stocked dropped quite a bit over the summer due to his lack development and skill play. He has to work hard on his ball handling, post moves, wing play, outside shooting and his attitude in order for his recruitement to rise. The reported offers have not been able to be verified but hopefully will come in the future as he is a talented kid with lots of potential.

Torren is a very athletic kid who can get up and down the court with the quickness. He finishes strong at the basket and works very hard on both ends of the court. He stocked dropped quite a bit over the summer due to his lack development and skill play. He has to work hard on his ball handling, post moves, wing play, outside shooting and his attitude in order for his recruitement to rise. The reported offers have not been able to be verified but hopefully will come in the future as he is a talented kid with lots of potential.
Good stuff. Really appreciate the info. Keep it coming!

Scout update:

Jones says that Colorado is one of the schools which is recruiting him the hardest.
“I like the location of CU and the climate,” Jones said. “I talk to coach (Tad) Boyle. He’s cool; he’s a laid back guy.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1141140.html

Jones & Hopkins might be at the top of my 2013 wish list right now.

I'd agree, but I really want a shooter next year. I don't care if he's a 5'11" SG who couldn't guard me, just find someone who can make a living at the 3 point line and stretch a D for 20 minutes. That would make a HUGE difference in the offensive flow.

I'd agree, but I really want a shooter next year. I don't care if he's a 5'11" SG who couldn't guard me, just find someone who can make a living at the 3 point line and stretch a D for 20 minutes. That would make a HUGE difference in the offensive flow.

Agreed. Despite how good Alec and Cory are, I am missing Levi the most this year.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

I hadn't seen this posted yet. It seems to be a little dated, but has some nice video of both Jones and Hopkins. Jones looks like he has nice touch around the hoop, decent form on the jumper, and a lot of athleticism.

[video=youtube;FHhW8DS7nbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhW8DS7nbI[/video]

Not sure how I missed this, but he signed his LOI with Mizzou.

Back