What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA ILB Koa Kaleopaa

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

269635.jpg

La Mirada H.S. (La Mirada, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 250 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #37 OLB
Scout rating: 3*; #23 MLB
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #34 ILB
247s rating: 3*-81 rating; #62 ILB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Hawaii, Mississippi, Utah, Wyoming

[video=youtube;z8uT9W8ioX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uT9W8ioX8[/video]

I'm glad to see that we're back on board with Mike Moschetti's La Mirada program. Shoulder to Shoulder.

Kaleopaa anchored the defense last year. He's measuring out almost 6'4" and 250 lbs, so we could see a move to DL. Right now he's being looked at as a linebacker, though.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1163153.html

thats where I have heard the coaches name before! that was killing me on another thread

I like his size and speed. Not sure if he has the technique overall to succeed at LB. Probably destined to play with his hand on the ground.

"I haven't got to see Colorado yet but I have been going on the internet to a couple of their websites and looking into them a little bit. Coach Cabral and I talked last night about me coming out there for Junior Day."

I don't have one particular favorite that I am into. I am just answering honestly, I am not sure where I am going to go to college yet.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1349478

Have to figure our chances just got a little better here. Kaleopaa was really feeling Arkansas.

Is is just me or does it seem like the SEC, or at least some SEC programs, have really stepped up their West Coast recruiting? Starting to get annoying to see some of these "tier 2" SEC programs like Arkansas and Auburn (I'm using tier 2 as a reference to where they stand in the SEC, not nationally) coming in to cherry pick guys. It's bad enough that we already have to fight off Nebraska, Oklahoma, the Irish, and the occasional Big 10 school. We really need to the Pac to build itself back up to the point where the SEC offers from schools in locations a Cali kid would normally laugh at don't seem appealing.

Is is just me or does it seem like the SEC, or at least some SEC programs, have really stepped up their West Coast recruiting? Starting to get annoying to see some of these "tier 2" SEC programs like Arkansas and Auburn (I'm using tier 2 as a reference to where they stand in the SEC, not nationally) coming in to cherry pick guys. It's bad enough that we already have to fight off Nebraska, Oklahoma, the Irish, and the occasional Big 10 school. We really need to the Pac to build itself back up to the point where the SEC offers from schools in locations a Cali kid would normally laugh at don't seem appealing.

I was thinking that, too. But it could be a matter of us going after higher profile prospects than before.

Seems to me like this is the case. Arkansas, especially, seems to be out there a lot.

Arkansas is in a tough spot. They're next TX and until now, the SEC didn't have any TX teams. They can't out-recruit many players from Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, Mississippi Tennessee or Florida.

So they can keep beating their heads against the wall in the SEC territory or they can sell the SEC's successful track record and NFL exposure to West Coast players.

I wouldn't worry about many other SEC schools following suit. Texas A&M will stay close to TX. If anyone, I'd think Missouri will try going more west. But they'll suck so bad in the SEC that their pull won't be like Arkansas.

Brandon Huffman ‏@BrandonHuffman
Colorado and Utah both checked out practice at La Mirada (Calif.) today. The Buffs had previously offered the Matadores' big three...

Kaleopaa is still picking up more offers, but it appears we should be in it for an official visit.

It may be decision time at LB soon. With Frazier already committed and Kaleopaa, Jermaine Carter, Williams, Palma and the Latu brothers all showing high interest right now, this class could fill out fast. Fortunately, there's a lot of talent in that group, because a couple of these guys may have to play early.

I think Kaleopaa is a bit unique. With his size, his eventual position may be on the DL so he may be a take no matter what.

images
Levon Kirkland

He can stay at LB

Kirkland was a freak of nature. At that size (and I think he played at around 280lbs no matter what the official roster said), he was able to stay in on passing downs and even cover the deep middle against NFL TEs. Crazy.

Adam reporting we are still going hard after this guy. I sure hope we get 1-2 more top LBs in this class with whatever remaining spots we have.

Gotta hope Mike Moschetti is able to help steer him in the right direction.

Gotta hope Mike Moschetti is able to help steer him in the right direction.

Considering how bad the program has been for the past decade we are going to need the help of HS coaches and alumni contacts to get the attention of some of these kids. Mike was a dedicated Buff, lets hope that the current staff can convince him to encourage his players to seriously look at going to Boulder.

Mike Moschetti does not need to do anymore than he already has. It is up to the staff to close here.

Mike Moschetti does not need to do anymore than he already has. It is up to the staff to close here.

It is up to the staff but Moschetti is the one who is in constant contact with the kid. It's not his job to sell the kid anything, in fact more the opposite and let the kid make his decision. At the same time Mike can talk to the kid when he comes back from recruiting visits where he has been given the hard sell and at least encourage him to not commit until he has seen all his options.

Back