What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA LB Markeis Reed (Signed to Colorado)

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

287964.jpg

Vintage H.S. (Napa, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 210 lbs
40: 4.65 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked WDE
Scout rating: 2*- #133 DE
ESPN rating: 3*-73 grade; #104 DE
247s rating: 3*-84 rating; #58 SDE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, CSU, Iowa State, San Diego State, PWO to USC

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumors he was going to be a PWO to USC in August.

His 247 profile says he listed us as his leader today with an official this weekend. He is also an early-enrollee

Certainly fits the mold of the type of kid Big Mac seems to like. Athletic kid with a good frame, get him to campus and let him grow into a position.

Same frame as Melifonwu. I can't see him seeing the field much until his 3rd year in the program. He will get destroyed unless he gains 30 lbs to play DE.

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/video/rivals-spotlight-markeis-reed-190714452.html[/video]

Much more impressive when you get to the defensive highlights at about the 1 minute mark.

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/video/rivals-spotlight-markeis-reed-190714452.html[/video]

Much more impressive when you get to the defensive highlights at about the 1 minute mark.

Looks like an athletic player. A bit raw right now.

Looks like an athletic player. A bit raw right now.

Yep. Love the length and the first step. Plays with good leverage and pursues well from the limited highlights we have to look at. Playing RB tells me he's got good feet and balance for a DE, too. He looks like he needs to add strength and get some coaching so that he learns to use his hands better. Lots of potential here.

I am just thrilled to get some positive news on the recruiting front with Mac. We needed that. Let's go Buffs.

Yep. Love the length and the first step. Plays with good leverage and pursues well from the limited highlights we have to look at. Playing RB tells me he's got good feet and balance for a DE, too. He looks like he needs to add strength and get some coaching so that he learns to use his hands better. Lots of potential here.

Anxious to see what Coach Jeffcoat can do for him...

Happy to have an early enrollee as well. Welcome!

If he is an early enrollee that is even better. I am a huge believer in kids getting the extra semester with the S&C staff and also getting the time in spring ball. Especially kids like this who looks like a developmental guy the extra focused attention can make a huge difference.

Also great to see us going after guys who can develop into PAC level athletes. I'm tired of seeing us being a step or more slower, inches shorter, and pounds lighter than our competition. This kid has the height and looks to have the speed and athletic ability. Weight can be added much easier than the other issues.

Early enroll? When can he sign?

Doesn't actually sign an LOI, instead does a form that indicates intent to accept financial aid from the school which serves the same purpose in terms of binding him. Don't know the exact date when these can be filed but I know that historically a lot of kids have done them in Dec.

Needs to start pounding beer, steak and taters. (Just keep quiet about the beer.)

Doesn't actually sign an LOI, instead does a form that indicates intent to accept financial aid from the school which serves the same purpose in terms of binding him. Don't know the exact date when these can be filed but I know that historically a lot of kids have done them in Dec.

Yes. Can sign today. I like what I see including the Paul Rhodes offer.

Welcome! Watching Brad Jones play right now, this kid kinda reminds me of him coming out of HS. Love his motor, and he should be able to recommend a good wine at the training table.

Back