What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA LB Markeis Reed (Signed to Colorado)

So I suppose he will count against last years class?
This doesn't matter one bit because we will not approach the 25 player per class limit this year, and it doesn't look like we will have enough scholarships next year to get to "over 25" either.

We may have ended up with a few under the 25 from the official class of 2012 and they will fill those up I'm sure with this kid and the other LB who grayshirted at SJSU and is now on campus.

For the foreseeable future, the total of 85 is the only number that matters.

That's the bump that recruits tend to get when they verbally commit to schools like CU, Texas or Alabama.
I was thinking something similar although the other schools you mentioned virtually never recruit 2* However I like that in some cases the recruiting services are bumping up some of our recruits after they commit to HCMM. That didn't happen much with our last staff.

Welcome to the Buffs young fella... Looks like the typical "athlete" HCMM likes this class. Raw tools and athleticism to work with... Will contribute.

I was thinking something similar although the other schools you mentioned virtually never recruit 2* However I like that in some cases the recruiting services are bumping up some of our recruits after they commit to HCMM. That didn't happen much with our last staff.

Just to be clear, I was joking about everything I wrote.

Normally I wouldn't respond, but I will here, because I firmly disagree with your assessment that he was bumped because he committed to TunaMac.

Re: '13 CA DE Markeis Reed (Signed to Colorado)

Literally?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Adam Gorney (Rivals West Coast Analyst) reviews some of our recruits at Rivals and he likes this kid quite a bit.

Gorney on Reed

I will take a 6'5" very fast DE prospect who's too skinny all day, every day, at a position of need. Add in that he's on campus early, will compete in the spring? Pretty good find IMO.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I was joking about everything I wrote.

Normally I wouldn't respond, but I will here, because I firmly disagree with your assessment that he was bumped because he committed to TunaMac.
I am not necessarily implying cause and effect, I am just noting that I believe he is the 2nd kid that got bumped up after committing to HCMM. I recall last year it seemed more often than not they lost stars after committing to CU. Not sure if there is a correlation or not, but it is nice to see some of HCMM's recruits' stock going up in value.

I think you are dreaming!

This kid got bumped because he was long forgotten as a USC PWO. Gorney is pretty positive on him and I think he probably just remembered this kid looked good at the camp and now he has two BCS offers after having shut down recruiting. The CU offer sort of woke him up.

But yes, a lot of times, an offer or two will change a kid's rating one way or the other.

It really is amazing how somewhere between 16 and 20 years old these young men hit that stage where the returns from lifting weights are astronomical. I remember from graduation to the start of freshman camp, I went from 225 lbs to 250 lbs without increasing my waistline. Added close to 100 lbs to my bench press in those few months, too. Reed likely will never gain 15 lbs in a semester again, but will likely gain incremental weight up to 240-250 over the next few years while getting a lot stronger.

It really is amazing how somewhere between 16 and 20 years old these young men hit that stage where the returns from lifting weights are astronomical. I remember from graduation to the start of freshman camp, I went from 225 lbs to 250 lbs without increasing my waistline. Added close to 100 lbs to my bench press in those few months, too. Reed likely will never gain 15 lbs in a semester again, but will likely gain incremental weight up to 240-250 over the next few years while getting a lot stronger.

That makes perfect sense. I'd never thought about how much weight a young man can gain. Rep.

Keep in mind Reed is very young his 18th birthday was in or around camp time.

Way to give tini a ton of ammo :mad:

Just think how fast he runs his 40 time! Probly down to the low 4.4's by now.

Love,

BigBang

That makes perfect sense. I'd never thought about how much weight a young man can gain. Rep.
my stick of a cousin is a bball player up in canada... he was 6'5 160 in january... somehow he is now 6'5 195

He looked a bit lost in spring practices (completely understandable), but he towered over most of our defensive personnel (both nice for him and somewhat depressing).

so does this put reed at 235? and potentially headed to an outside rush position?

Back