What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA OLB Kevin Palma (Verbal to Stanford)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Mission Oak H.S. (Tulare, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 236 lbs
40: 4.75 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #30 ILB
Scout rating: 4*; #9 MLB
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #89 ATH
247s rating: 4*-91 rating; #12 ILB (#224 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, CSU, Fresno State, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon State, San Diego State, Stanford, UCLA, Utah State

[video=youtube;JUxcRRJAT1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxcRRJAT1E[/video]

Small school sleeper who made a name for himself at the LA Nike Camp this past weekend. Those measurables are accurate, so he has the size and speed to be an impact LB at the next level.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1173811.html

One of the prospects who came in under the radar but really jumped on the map was Tulare (Calif.) Mission Oak's Kevin Palma. Palma, who measured 6-1.5, 235 on Saturday at the Sparq Combine, was quick off the edge and might have been the most athletic linebacker there. A day after recording the second highest Sparq rating at the Long Beach Combine, Palma was just as good in football-specific drills. In drills where running backs had to pass block the linebackers, he twice blew past the back without being touched to get to the bag. He looked good in the positional drills and the 1on1s until tweaking his arm. Expect Palma's recruitment to pick up as more schools find him in Central California. The coaches raved about Palma's play at the conclusion of the day.

http://247sports.com/Article/LA-Nike-top-performers-Defense-68556

Kevin Palma, LB, Mission Oak – Not only was Palma one of the better linebackers in attendance on Sunday, but he preceded that by scoring the second highest rating at the SPARQ combine on Saturday. At 6-2, 235 pounds, Palma is a 4.7 guy in the 40 yard dash and he ran a 4.15 short shuttle. Look for his recruitment to really take off in the coming months.

Who is recruiting him? Cabral? EB? Need to get the big guns after this kid, IMO.

"I definitely want to see Colorado, that's one of my top schools," Palma said. "I will probably take an official visit there and to San Diego State. I'm sure I'll get back to UCLA again too at some point. Those schools are recruiting me hard, especially Colorado and Oregon State."

Would be huge. Moved into the top 247 on 247 (#236) and is not a 4* on two sites. We need Cabral to close here!

Would be huge. Moved into the top 247 on 247 (#236) and is not a 4* on two sites. We need Cabral to close here!

This is one of the "must gets" of this cycle, without a doubt. Not just his talent, but to beat out UCLA and others in the process. Vital that this starts to happen.

So it sounds like he is taking an unofficial to Oregon St this Aug and an official to CU this Sept?

Well, at least there's some good news to be had in the recruit threads tonight - c'mon, Kevin, BLACK AND GOLD IS FOR YOU!

Back