What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA OT Jacob Alsadek (Verbal to Arizona)

Quattro

Club Member
Club Member
BANNED
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Torrey Pines H.S. (Encinitas, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-7
Wt: 325 lbs
40: 5.73 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OT
Scout rating: 3*; #52 OT
ESPN rating: 3*-73 grade; #110 OT
247s rating: 3*-83 rating; #93 OT

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas State, Oregon State

Last edited:
Looks like a future RT, and a massive one at that. Isn't that 40 time high? Obviously not that important for an OL

Throw the 40 out and check out his footwork: http://www.next-level-sports.net/jacobalsadek.html

He doesn't look like a guy that big, not much spare tire on him. Just a huge young man.

Once he gets going his feet are very good and it looks like he has good balance for a guy his size. He is going to have to get out of his stance quicker and explode into his man at the next level. He tends to bob up and down coming out of his stance, something that can be fixed by good coaching. Looks very raw but certainly a good athlete for a man his size. His 40 time probably has something to do with his slow start out of the blocks.

Good example of how off the recruiting services are. Can't find ***t about him on rivals/scout as far as offer lists, ratings, yet he has like 5 BCS offers. (4 from Pac 12)

The kid looks quick and big I am a fan. Mtn it sounds like you know your stuff thanks for the insight.

that damn ladder drill! our coaches used to run us through that and harp on us that the Nebraska o line could do each drill under 10 seconds or whatever. While it made me better god did I hate that thing.

Did we just offer this kid?
I am not sure if anyone knows when he got the offer. It appears he has been sitting on some offers and not gone public with them. I believe he visited recently and is high on us. The thing is you can't find jack **** about him from the recruiting services.

So how many OL are the coaches planning to take? Sutton, Kronshage, LIsella, Huckins, Kough on a GS from last year. CU only graduates one this year, right?

I am not sure if anyone knows when he got the offer. It appears he has been sitting on some offers and not gone public with them. I believe he visited recently and is high on us. The thing is you can't find jack **** about him from the recruiting services.
VERY high :thumbsup:
So how many OL are the coaches planning to take? Sutton, Kronshage, LIsella, Huckins, Kough on a GS from last year. CU only graduates one this year, right?
5-7 IIRC

You're right...Dannewitz is the only senior. Handler, Harris and Bakhtiari will be juniors.
That being said, we need depth. I counted 11 OL on the roster for 2012. For example, Boise State has 16 on its roster. If you can go three-deep in camp (of course will have redshirts in the fall), and you're in pretty good shape.
By the time the 2013 signees are on campus, add in that most will redshirt, and in 2014, Dannewitz, Handler, Harris and Bakhtiari will all be gone.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll need the 7 OL that has been reported, but 5 should be a solid number.

I wonder if that 7 includes grayshirts.

The grayshirts is a good question because it will affect the spacing on the depth chart. It's a lot easier to win consistently when you aren't changing out most of an OL in a year. Replacing 2 or even 3 is not unusual but when you are running 4 or 5 new starters out there it's hard to be effective even if the new guys are talented.

Seems to really like us...I think we just need to successfully get past his Stanford visit, they're the school that I would really worry about.

Seems to really like us...I think we just need to successfully get past his Stanford visit, they're the school that I would really worry about.

Someone needs to point out to this young man the vast differences in the 2 schools depth charts at O-line. Stanford had decent depth at O-line and then pulled in one of the greatest O-line classes in recent memory. They're stacked.

Someone needs to point out to this young man the vast differences in the 2 schools depth charts at O-line. Stanford had decent depth at O-line and then pulled in one of the greatest O-line classes in recent memory. They're stacked.
So are a lot of other teams that big recruits go to.

Alsadek is a beast. Definite "want". Solid offer list and the type of recruiting battle we need to start winning.

Back