What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA PG Brandon Randolph (Signed to Xavier)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

BRandolph.jpg

St. Bernard H.S. (Playa Del Rey, CA)

AAU Team: Team Jennings

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 190 lbs.

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SG (#138 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #20 PG (#81 overall)
ESPN rating: 3*-89 grade; #36 PG
247 rating:

Reported Offers: Pepperdine, San Diego St

Hat tip to Adam (who's doing a great job covering the BasketBuffs) on this one. He's friends with Xavier Johnson and it sounds like he's more of a score-first PG than a traditional one right now, but is working on becoming a "true point". Can play both the 1 & the 2.

"I am most comfortable playing the one. I like the ball in my hands," he said. "I want to prove that I can be a pass-first, score-second guard. I have improved a lot since my sophomore year. I have improved my attitude a lot and I have improved my left hand."

He's not sure if CU has offered him yet, but we're definitely on him.

SoCal Recruit Spot has a great profile on Randolph that's worth your time. Still no offer from CU, but we're showing interest. The XJ connection is nice to have too.

SoCal Recruit Spot has a great profile on Randolph that's worth your time. Still no offer from CU, but we're showing interest. The XJ connection is nice to have too.

Thanks, Goose.

That site does a nice job in its write-ups.

Sounds like Randolph is more of a scorer than a shooter at this point and needs to develop into more of a facilitator at the college level, but has all the tools to be a heck of a college player.

has rivals jsut not gotten around to ranking him yet? those are huge gaps between the three services.

I'm not liking the direction basketball recruiting is heading. Used to be, unlike football, when a guy committed, everyone kind of backed off. They probably stayed in touch, but it wasn't a hard sell or anything. You're seeing more and more decommitments in bball now. I know yesterday Tom Crean tweeted something out about how he "knows there are coaches that are actively recruiting our commits". A few hours later, one of the top kids from 2014 who was commited to Indiana decided to open his recruitment back up again.

I'm not liking the direction basketball recruiting is heading. Used to be, unlike football, when a guy committed, everyone kind of backed off. They probably stayed in touch, but it wasn't a hard sell or anything. You're seeing more and more decommitments in bball now. I know yesterday Tom Crean tweeted something out about how he "knows there are coaches that are actively recruiting our commits". A few hours later, one of the top kids from 2014 who was commited to Indiana decided to open his recruitment back up again.
If anything I'd say the opposite, you see kids "commited" taking a ton of visits in football, it happens less often in basketball. As for Brandon he simply felt he rushed the process, he didn't get a new offer or new interest, I see nothing wrong here, Pepperdine still has a good shot as he has a great relationship with Jason Hart but he will get more offers.

Back