What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA SG Isaac Hamilton (Transfer to UCLA)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

924826.jpg

Crenshaw H.S. (Los Angeles, CA)

AAU: Team Odom West

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 175 lbs

Rivals rating: 5*; unranked SG (#12 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #5 SG (#31 overall)
ESPN rating: 5*-91 grade; #5 SG (#22 overall)
247 rating: 5*-98 rating; #3 SG (#13 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Baylor, Fresno State, Houston, Louisville, Oklahoma State, San Diego St, TCU, UCONN, USC, Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;j761Jr1MJdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j761Jr1MJdQ[/video]

[video=youtube;O_KGQ_DfYsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_KGQ_DfYsY[/video]

Hamilton made a ton of freshman all-american teams in 2010. In 2011, he's continued to see his stock rise as a Top 25 national recruit.

Here's part of the ESPN review of him (linked in profile):

Bottom Line:
Blessed with an outstanding frame (extreme length) and budding athleticism, Hamilton appears to be right on schedule for becoming an elite scoring guard. He can knock down the 3-point shot or attack off the dribble. He doesn't have elite quickness, but as he gets stronger his ability to attack off the dribble should improve dramatically. While his older sibling (Jordan Hamilton at Texas) thinks score all the time, Isaac looks to set up his teammates at a much more consistent rate.

Probably still a long shot but having his brother now just down the road with the Nuggets should help us out here.

Denver Nuggets drafted his brother. We're in it, folks.

​"Hearing [NBA Commissioner] David Stern call out my brother's name was pretty exciting," said the younger Hamilton, one of the top ranked high school basketball prospects from the Class of 2013. "I am glad he got selected to the Nuggets. I have high interest in Colorado, and Colorado will definitely remain one of my top schools if Jordan stays in Denver."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239553

Put Gordon and Scott along with the addition of Hamilton (or another simular player), as well as the rest of the players already on the team, the future could be very bright for CU basketball. And I am thinking much higher than a NCAA birth.

WE WANT :you:!!!

I am starting to get really excited about the possibilities of CU's BBall program!!!

Go Buffs!

With Hamilton and Thomas rising juniors, Boyle needs to make sure at least 1 scholly is available for 13.

With Hamilton and Thomas rising juniors, Boyle needs to make sure at least 1 scholly is available for 13.

:nod:

It looks like we're taking four in the 2012 class and it's getting so late that I doubt we fill Burks' spot from this year. At this point, I'd put Chen on scholarship and roll with it, then use his spot for a 2013 prospect.

If he goes to Arizona they are going to be absolutely stacked. I hope he ends up here.

:nod:It looks like we're taking four in the 2012 class and it's getting so late that I doubt we fill Burks' spot from this year. At this point, I'd put Chen on scholarship and roll with it, then use his spot for a 2013 prospect.
That's my thought too. A transfer won't suit up next year anyway, so I'd rather gamble on a big-time recruit with that 2013 scholly.

Isaac's brother was called up by the Nuggets from the Idaho Stampede.

Isaac's brother was called up by the Nuggets from the Idaho Stampede.

Good.

Maybe they wanted to get him some time to get going after the shortened pre-season workouts. I'm sure he's still a big part of the Nuggets' long-range plans.

Dropped a little bit in everyone's rankings, but is still a top 25 prospect.

If we have 1 scholarship for next year... this is our guy. We will have size in our forwards and center but we will need a scorer like Burks. This kid will officially make us a great team in 2013-2014 season.

If we have 1 scholarship for next year... this is our guy. We will have size in our forwards and center but we will need a scorer like Burks. This kid will officially make us a great team in 2013-2014 season.
Agreed. I'd love it if we somehow landed a guy like this.

Get him

According to Rivals.com, Isaac Hamilton, a 6-foot-5 junior shooting guard at Los Angeles St. John Bosco High School, took notice of Colorado’s run to the Pac-12 Tournament championship and intents to visit CU.
Hamilton is the brother of Denver Nuggets rookie forward Jordan Hamilton, who played college ball at Texas.
“I talked to coach Boyle, basically they are a program that is getting up there to a higher level,” Isaac Hamilton told Rivals.com’s BuffStampede.com.
Hamilton is ranked by Rivals.com as the 12th-best overall prospect for the 2013 cycle. Current high school juniors can sign in November during the eight-day early signing period.
Other early offers for Hamilton include Arizona, Baylor, Oklahoma State and San Diego State.

Back