What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Chris Hill (PWO to Colorado)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
{placeholder for profile}

Adam reported this yesterday and I didn't see a thread.

Mountain Vista TE/DE/LS.

Can someone post the hudl highlights & find some articles? I'm on my phone.

Welcome Chris, glad you are a Buff

HUDL list him at 6'2" 220. Looks like a good athlete. At worst he will make the scout teams better.

At best, with a new staff and coming off some terrible years if there was ever going to be an opportunity for a walk-on to develop and earn some playing time this is it. He has size and shows some athletic ability. Nice addition.

preferred walk-on

and if you are looking for more information about the recruiting process, Nik and others put together a pretty solid thread in this forum called recruitipedia. it defines a lot of terms and gives many of the rules for recruiting.

Last edited:
So what exactly makes him "preferred" does that mean we're his preferred team to try and walk on to? Does that mean he's already enrolled and taking classes at CU?

generally it means that he has been invited to walk on and virtually guaranteed a spot on the team, although he'll have to pay his own way. this is different than other walk ons who have to try out for the team in either the spring or fall with no guarantees that they will make the roster.

So what exactly makes him "preferred" does that mean we're his preferred team to try and walk on to? Does that mean he's already enrolled and taking classes at CU?

It means he was invited by the staff to walk on. That often means the player will be part of the pre-semester camp roster (which the NCAA limits to, I think, 100) rather than joining after the semester is going and the NCAA allows unlimited roster expansion with additional walk ons.

Also means that he can participate in all organized team activities and have the same contact with the coaches and staff as a scholarship player from day one.

It means he was invited by the staff to walk on. That often means the player will be part of the pre-semester camp roster (which the NCAA limits to, I think, 100) rather than joining after the semester is going and the NCAA allows unlimited roster expansion with additional walk ons.

This^^^ biggest thing is he can participate in fall camp. If you are not a preferred walk-on you have to join the team after classes start. While its not a massive deal at CU because classes start earlier, it makes a huge difference at schools on the quarter system (both Oregon schools) because their classes dont start until late September and sometimes early October.

Welcome to the B+G. Glad we're getting some PWO interest from some CO football players.

Play with that chip Chris!!!

Back