What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO ATH Phillip Lindsay (Signed to Colorado)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

4_550043.jpg

Denver South H.S. (Denver, CO)

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 173 lbs
40: 4.49 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr, unranked RB
Scout rating: 2*; #122 RB
ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #94 RB
247s rating: 3*-88 rating; #16 APB

Projected at either RB or DB.

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Utah

Sophomore highlights:

[video=youtube;ZCkgx4yQOsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCkgx4yQOsE[/video]

The Class of 2013 running back recruit was one of four juniors named first-team all-state at the 5A classification by the Denver Post in December. Lindsay's 9.2 yards per carry average in 2011 was third best among 5A backs with at least 153 carries.

"I am open going into recruiting. I just want to go to the college that is really going to treat me well," Lindsay said. "I looked at CU and they run a lot so their offense is pretty cool. I am really interested in CU right now. It would be great to stay in my home state for college."

Definitely worth reading more. Sounds like EB is on it:

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1314188

Here's a short piece from before this season that was pretty cool:

Lindsay Aims To Be Complete Running Back

[FONT=inherit !important]You wouldn’t know it now, but Phillip Lindsay insists that when he played pee wee football, he was so slow, he was relegated to playing the line.[/FONT]
[FONT=inherit !important]
The junior has been making up for lost time in his two-year varsity career with a couple of 1,200-yard rushing seasons for the Denver South Rebels.[/FONT]

Since rushing for 175 yards and two touchdowns in his varsity debut as a freshman, Lindsay has developed into “as good as there is in this state” according to his head coach.[/FONT]

On Saturday, Lindsay (5-10, 170 pounds) used the all-pass format to improve on receiving skills because he desires to be an all-around running back.[/FONT]

“Looking back at when I played the line, I’m glad that happened because it made me tougher,” Lindsay said.[/FONT]

Lindsay racked up over 100 tackles last season as an outside linebacker, but he’s asked his coach to please keep his defensive film out of the hands of college recruiters.[/FONT]

“I want to play running back,” he said.

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satell...r-Notebook-Game-Breakers-2011-021243041603016
[/FONT]

Like his film a lot. Shifty runner with good acceleration. Not huge but physical runner. Not sure about his breakaway speed though because he got caught numerous times from behind.

Lock this kid up!!! He is interested in staying in state, let's make sure he does! Give him all the CU shirts and hats to wear through next year too. Make sure he doesn't get poached.

It would be great to get started on 2013 with one of the top instate talents! Go get em!!!

Lock this kid up!!! He is interested in staying in state, let's make sure he does! Give him all the CU shirts and hats to wear through next year too. Make sure he doesn't get poached.

It would be great to get started on 2013 with one of the top instate talents! Go get em!!!

I'm pretty sure that would result in sanctions and ineligibility.

We will have to be VERY selective next year. However, if this kid has the goods, which I have know way of knowing, it is encouraging that he wants to stay home.

I've watched his film a couple of times and I just can't get over how many times he got caught from behind by CO level competition. He's very quick through the hole and can change direction on a dime, so there's a lot to like there, but the lack of good straight line speed just makes me want us to hold off for a bit. There's a lot of good RBs out west this cycle and we should exhaust those options before locking up Lindsay imo.

He looks above average, but I am not sure he brings anything to the team we do not already possess.

He looks above average, but I am not sure he brings anything to the team we do not already possess.
Other than an in-state commitment! J/K. I do think we need to show a little love to our in-state kids, however. It'll pay dividends down the road.

This kid wants to be a Buff. He's a top end in-state kid. I think he will be productive whether he is better on offense or defense. Sounds to me like he is this years Norgard and will likely be our first commit.

I'll take him any day and year!

We need to keep bringing in guys from the state who want to be here. They can only help with landing other kids in the state down the road.

Probably going to be a 3 star RB/ATH. I think it is worth taking him.
Does anyone know his speed? Is he a 4.5 guy or faster?

Obviously the coaches disagree with me, so it does not matter in the end, but I think Lindsay is a player you can show heavy interest in and wait to offer until you strike out on other prospects.

We NEED 3* caliber or above in state kids who want to be Buffs. Lindsay looks like a solid 3* at least so lets lock him up and start to build a good relationship with the in state coaches and parents.

Back