What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Christopher Fox (Signed to Michigan)

He will offers from everywhere by the spring.

I'm sure he will. I suspect that for a player like this, the offers start to blend into the background, though. The first few that come in are probably the ones he'll take the closest look at. That is, of course, unless he has his heart set on someplace like USC or Texas and is just holding out for an offer from them. I use USC and UT as an example. For all I know, he can't stand either school.

6 wins + bowl game = we get this kid in 2013. This years class is starting to build the momentum. Hopefully that translates to the field. Fox could probably start right away.

Yeah but according to Maximus on Rivals he used to live in Michigan.

So he knows how bad winters in Michigan suck.

CU lets him enjoy going to school in Boulder and being an in-state kid at a growing program where he will get a chance to contribute early. Also a lot nicer road trips in the PAC than the Big 10.

So he knows how bad winters in Michigan suck.

CU lets him enjoy going to school in Boulder and being an in-state kid at a growing program where he will get a chance to contribute early. Also a lot nicer road trips in the PAC than the Big 10.
I really think the notion that recruits care about road trips are waaay overblown.

Weather? Road trips?:confused:

Recruits pick schools for a lot of reasons, if you think that coaches don't mention the weather when it is in their favor then you are missing something. For some kids it doesn't make a difference, for others it does. Look at the top recruiting classes each year over the past few years and weather looks like a factor. For some kids the idea of playing every year in LA is a lot more appealing than playing at Indiana or Illinois. Certainly not the biggest factors but they do matter sometimes.

Where would you rather spend four years, Boulder or Ann Arbor, I know my answer would have some consideration for the weather.

Recruits pick schools for a lot of reasons, if you think that coaches don't mention the weather when it is in their favor then you are missing something. For some kids it doesn't make a difference, for others it does. Look at the top recruiting classes each year over the past few years and weather looks like a factor. For some kids the idea of playing every year in LA is a lot more appealing than playing at Indiana or Illinois. Certainly not the biggest factors but they do matter sometimes.

Where would you rather spend four years, Boulder or Ann Arbor, I know my answer would have some consideration for the weather.
Weather is in consideration but road trips? I highly doubt that.

Weather is in consideration but road trips? I highly doubt that.

Doubt whatever you want. As I said kids pick schools for a lot of reasons, for some the road trips do matter.

If you want to kiss Michigans butt do it on a Michigan board.

Doubt whatever you want. As I said kids pick schools for a lot of reasons, for some the road trips do matter.

If you want to kiss Michigans butt do it on a Michigan board.
This has nothing to do with me being a Michigan fan. Football trips for games should be a business trip, not a site seeing trip.

And to answer your question, I will take being in Boulder over almost any place in the winter. Where else can I go boarding with some nice pow and get home and it be 50 degrees out?

This has nothing to do with me being a Michigan fan. Football trips for games should be a business trip, not a site seeing trip.

And college should be strictly for preparing for your future career academically. What things should be and what they are often are miles apart.

I look forward to a whole year discussing the weather of various schools and potential road trips Mr. Fox might take as a college football player.

I look forward to a whole year discussing the weather of various schools and potential road trips Mr. Fox might take as a college football player.

It's pretty much the only advantage we have compared to Michigan. Might as well exploit it if we can. Otherwise, we'll just get depressed.

First, big want.

Second, in the coming years, I can see top local o-line talent begging fir a look from CU. We don't need to worry about not having a lot to offer. We are a great school with tradition, and we provide the chance to play in front of friends & family a half a dozen times a year.

Those are some big time programs that we'll be competing with, but I have no doubt that we're heading in the right direction, and that in the coming years, schools like the ones that have already offered will be worried that it will be near impossible to pry a kid away from beautiful Colorado.

That's my hope, and I really do believe that this can become reality.

The good recruiting news in the last few days must have brought out my super optimistic side. Cool.

It's pretty much the only advantage we have compared to Michigan. Might as well exploit it if we can. Otherwise, we'll just get depressed.

We are close to home, we can legitimately sell early playing time, and our OL coach has coached at the NFL level.

I think that a kid may want to play in places that seem more "relevant" in the country, and that for someone growing up in colorado that would be the west coast. I know I'd rather play in PAC 12 country than the midwest, not to mention the Great Lake states...

I think that a kid may want to play in places that seem more "relevant" in the country, and that for someone growing up in colorado that would be the west coast. I know I'd rather play in PAC 12 country than the midwest, not to mention the Great Lake states...

Check the thread man, he ain't from Colorado. I'm not sure how long he's lived here though.

I would also argue that there are a lot of relevant places in the B1G that are on my stadium tour.

Having said that, we need to land Chris and Mitch Parsons. Both will be high level prospects and we can afford to miss on the in state prospects again.

I cant wait to hear tini's b1g stadium tour plans in the thread of arguably the biggest recruit in the State of Colorado next year.

By this time next year I'm sure tini will dotting the i for one of his newest teams.

I cant wait to hear tini's b1g stadium tour plans in the thread of arguably the biggest recruit in the State of Colorado next year.

By this time next year I'm sure tini will dotting the i for one of his newest teams.

I'm not going to list it but there are some great venues in the B1G, same with the PAC 12.

And you need to get over the whole me liking other teams.

Check the thread man, he ain't from Colorado. I'm not sure how long he's lived here though.

I would also argue that there are a lot of relevant places in the B1G that are on my stadium tour.

Having said that, we need to land Chris and Mitch Parsons. Both will be high level prospects and we can afford to miss on the in state prospects again.

I read the thread. Sticking by my guns.

My cousin goes to PHS with him and says that right now it looks like Michigan leads. No other real info other than that, but looks like the Buffs are definitely in it.

What are the odds this thread exceeds the Yuri Wright thread in length?

Back