What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Christopher Fox (Signed to Michigan)

Keeping most of the OL in state used to not be such a problem in the past. This is beyond fail. Marshall or whoever is recruiting this position needs to find a new method and stop getting owned.

Fox said he knew last summer, when he attended UM's camp, that he was going to Michigan. How could Marshall have done anything different?

Ugh, not surprising, but still disappointing. I'm hoping there will be a day when it's expected (and common) that the top local guys want to come to CU instead of leaving the state.

Devastating. Our OL recruiting is about as bad as it can be. We're in for a lot of trouble if we don't get this worked out - FAST.

Ive been thinking Michigan would win this one for awhile, I wasnt alone in that obviously. It a pretty big loss whether its an instate kid or not, hes like half instater since he isnt from here. Anyway hopefully we find some olinemen somewhere.

Yeah, sure this sucks, and a lot of us were expecing this to a certain extent.

But I still think there's time. Embree and co should still be in this guy's ear, and he is close to his parents. Although not we don't have great chances, I'm not closing the door on him.

...of course, I thought the same about Thurston last cycle...

But I still think there's time. Embree and co should still be in this guy's ear, and he is close to his parents. Although not we don't have great chances, I'm not closing the door on him.

The door has been closed, bolted, and wood nailed in. He's not going anywhere other than Michigan.

I agree. You never really know when it comes to recruiting. Maybe we can get to him about playing closer to home. That's about the only thing CU can really use at this point.

I've seen kids flip for stranger reasons.

So you're saying that absolutely nothing can change a recruits mind in a year's time? Saying that at this point is flat out stupid.
He said in an article that he's known he was going to Michigan since last summer when he went to their OL camp. Seems pretty solid to me to jump to that conclusion.

Not sure it is really worth entertaining any notions of him flipping to us. Can never say it is 100% guaranteed, but this situation is about as close as you can get.

The B1G seems to get a bunch of Colorado guys, why don't we recruit from Chicago. Kids and families can hop on one of a hundred flights a day for cheap and be home in no time, so distance ain't an issue

The B1G seems to get a bunch of Colorado guys, why don't we recruit from Chicago. Kids and families can hop on one of a hundred flights a day for cheap and be home in no time, so distance ain't an issue

I'm from the Chicago area & played ball there. Believe it or not, Chicago isn't a recruiting hotbed. While hs football seemed like a big deal when I played, compared to some places in the country, it's only decent.

Not sure it is really worth entertaining any notions of him flipping to us. Can never say it is 100% guaranteed, but this situation is about as close as you can get.

Probably the only thing that would cause him to drop this commit would be a major scandal or them deciding they don't want him

I'm from the Chicago area & played ball there. Believe it or not, Chicago isn't a recruiting hotbed. While hs football seemed like a big deal when I played, compared to some places in the country, it's only decent.

Yep. Basketball reigns supreme there, and in the city Catholic schools (Brother Rice, etc) are almost always better than the public schools.

Anyway, next.

Keeping most of the OL in state used to not be such a problem in the past. This is beyond fail. Marshall or whoever is recruiting this position needs to find a new method and stop getting owned.
This is not even close to true.

LOL It gets to a point where its tough to really care anymore. Best recruits in the state and they are fleeing like crazy. Doesn't give me a lot of hope for the future

Wow, people really freak out at the drop of a hat... Calm down chicken little.

CU isn't going to become a national power overnight. It will take time. The key is that we'll need to see steady improvement. But expect more let downs throughout this process!

Best of luck to Fox.

LOL It gets to a point where its tough to really care anymore. Best recruits in the state and they are fleeing like crazy. Doesn't give me a lot of hope for the future

Wow. And you were all sunshine and rainbows before Fox pledged for Michigan. You must have really wanted him to be a Buff. :smile2:

Both Scout and 247s now have Fox at Guard. There might be some questions about whether Fox has the agility and flexibility to play on the outside.

I should neg-rep Nik for bumping this thread. I thought for a split second that maybe the kid was having second thoughts about going to Michigan.

Back