What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Dan Skipper (Verbal to Arkansas)

AZ had a great report on this one with some sources close to the situation. More interested in "BIGGER" schools. LMAO.

No offense, but have you been to Arizona? It's hot as ****. I guess the weather in the winter is alright, if you're 60+.

This post falls far short of your usual efforts. You really don't like 72 degrees when the rest of the country is freezing it's ass off? And when it gets hot, it gets even hotter on campus (wink wink, nod nod). There are lots of good reasons to choose CU over ASU, but you picked the wrong area.

This post falls far short of your usual efforts. You really don't like 72 degrees when the rest of the country is freezing it's ass off? And when it gets hot, it gets even hotter on campus (wink wink, nod nod). There are lots of good reasons to choose CU over ASU, but you picked the wrong area.

It's all perspective. Living in Arizona was hell for me. I love a nice cool fall night when you can smell the fireplaces. I also love snow the peaceful quiet of a fresh snowfall. Colorado is perfect for me.

It's all perspective. Living in Arizona was hell for me. I love a nice cool fall night when you can smell the fireplaces. I also love snow the peaceful quiet of a fresh snowfall. Colorado is perfect for me.

I agree that AZ is hotter than you ever need to be some of the time. But WR complained about the winter, which is nonsense. And there are certain compensations during the heat. That's all I'm saying.

Well I'm from California where it's like, nice year round.

I feel I attacked your beloved state, and for that I apologize. My experiences in AZ during the winter are limited to Lake Havasu, so even if it's 72 degrees, it's still in the middle of a barren desert. I'm not familiar with PHX/Tucson area, so maybe it's awesome there? I really don't have much reason to leave the comfortable confines of socal during the winter months, so I'll have to take your word for it.

AZ said on BuffScoop yesterday that Skipper may be more like 6'7" or 6'8" and that his coach is overstating things. I hope that's accurate. If he's 6'8" and playing with that pad level, I'm much more enthusiastic about his potential than if he's about 6'11".

I lived in Vegas for several years. The desert has a certain appeal. But it does not come close to Denver/Boulder. Not close.

“OU has always been in my top five. I started sending messages and emails to schools and seeing who would respond,” Skipper said. “When you think of major college football in the Midwest, you think OU. I’ve grown up a Big 12 guy, and the Sooners are always there.”

He seems to be looking at bigger programs. JMO.

I find myself hoping that his coach is overstating his height in order to get press for his player and his program.

I'm much more confident in a guy playing OT at 6'8" than I am at 6'10".

I know I'm being picky but many comments I've heard from this kid seem to put down CU. we're not in a position to let kids walk but wouldn't be upset missing this guy outright provided we have somebody who can easily take that place like Dillon last year.

FWIW, Dan's taking an unofficial trip up my way in June per Rivals. We haven't offered yet, but I think there's a good chance he gets an offer on the visit if the coaches like what they see.

Skipper would be a nice addition to our other two nasty OL that committed today. C'mon Dan!

Don't forget Colin Sutton from CA. Our 3rd commit - exceptional athleticism that runs in the family (sis is an Olympic swimmer).

Back