What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Dan Skipper (Verbal to Arkansas)

Offers from Ohio State, Michigan and he goes with B. Bielema (who has had more than a few good O-Line guys).... Serious recruit.

BB2 was right on this one. I don't see it, but his offer list speaks for itself.

And never, has a local kid with this many offers, created so little emotion on these boards. Never.

Offers from Ohio State, Michigan and he goes with B. Bielema (who has had more than a few good O-Line guys).... Serious recruit.

BB2 was right on this one. I don't see it, but his offer list speaks for itself.

And never, has a local kid with this many offers, created so little emotion on these boards. Never.

We are just beaten down to a point that it is hard to express shock or surprise anymore.

So he can start in the SEC but our prior staff didn't think he could play here and jerked him around?

Looks like he may start at left tackle for Arkansas this year.

Arkansas plays South Carolina on Oct 12. Good luck kid.

Arky also faces the most diabolically difficult 4 game stretch imaginable. Texas A&M, at Florida, South Carolina, at Alabama. :afraid:

Arkansas plays South Carolina on Oct 12. Good luck kid.

Arky also faces the most diabolically difficult 4 game stretch imaginable. Texas A&M, at Florida, South Carolina, at Alabama. :afraid:

Just the schedule you want to play with a true Fr. at LT. Might want to give the QB some extra pads.

BB2 was actually right in this thread.... :wtf:

Look for the sun to set in the east, cats and dogs making love, and BB2 to become the new, undisputed Sage of AllBuffs. That, or, remember that even a blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut?

There's no question the kid is a huge kid. Here's the thing, though: I saw him play in person. He really did NOT seem to have very quick feet to me. His entire technique consisted of leaning on the defender and defending the interior. I didn't see a lot of drive blocking. I didn't see him getting out in space to create running lanes.

I'm not paid to evaluate talent, so I could be way wrong on him. He also could have simply blown up in camp and gotten some techniques down that I didn't see when I saw him play. All that is certainly possible. If he's starting, my first reaction is that Arkansas must be pretty thin at OL.

BB2 was actually right in this thread.... :wtf:

When your MO is to choose to go against the conventional wisdom of the board, you're bound to be right sometimes. Quite a bit, actually.

I respect someone who is willing to stick by an informed opinion that goes against the grain. What I question with BB2 is whether his opinions are based on anything other than his desire to be different.

Really weird all the way around, but clearly Skipper is showing out. The losses in OL recruiting are really starting to add up. I don't know how it happens, but we cannot continue to lose 75-80% of the in-state OL prospects. It is decimating our depth in the long run.

This guy is starting at guard for Arkansas. If there's one thing Bret Bielema knows, it's offensive line play.

Anybody see this?
2013-11-0912_15_25.gif

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cted-after-shoving-arkansas-lineman-to-ground

Skipper ought to be a drama major.

Long after the whistle, guy gives you a shove, drop like a tree in the forest. Nice way to pick up 15 yards, the guy getting ejected makes it better.

Looked a lot to me like a very well executed dive, Skipper should consider playing soccer.

Really hard to tell how hard he got shoved. He is almost out of the frame of the gif.

Really hard to tell how hard he got shoved. He is almost out of the frame of the gif.

It is hard to see but what we can see does look like he took a dive, the anouncers immediately said the same thing.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9952563

The guy who did it Robert Nkemdiche isn't a little guy at 6'5" 294 and he was a highly rated recruit so it's possible he could have shoved Skipper down without it being an act but it looks to me like Skipper was a willing particpant.

Back