What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO QB Luke del Rio (Verbal to Alabama - PWO)

I used to think like that. Now I think it would be better if CSU was so bad and so poorly supported that they decide to go to FCS for football while focusing on men's basketball and women's volleyball on the D1 level. They could join the Big Sky and have a nice rivalry with NoCO.
That's the way I'd like to see it play out too.

Im not a dick but hope we don't offer him. either PWO or dont take him. We better not lose Sefo in order to get this guy.

Im not a dick but hope we don't offer him. either PWO or dont take him. We better not lose Sefo in order to get this guy.

Agree with this entirely. Give him the courtesy of talking to him and treating him with respect but to me Sefo is a much better prospect. With our low numbers if we take another QB than Sefo he better be a serious prospect.

I'm wondering if Luke's performance in the Elite 11 in Ohio and apparently Sefo's non-performance in Oakland's changes anyone's minds? Obviously we are not there to see what is going on but Luke is getting praise and was invited to finals and Sefo has gotten no mention and obviously no invite to the finals.

I'm wondering if Luke's performance in the Elite 11 in Ohio and apparently Sefo's non-performance in Oakland's changes anyone's minds? Obviously we are not there to see what is going on but Luke is getting praise and was invited to finals and Sefo has gotten no mention and obviously no invite to the finals.

Not for a second. Obviously, I'd prefer Sefo put up a better performance in the Elite 11, but the real evaluation comes with the pads on.

Not for a second. Obviously, I'd prefer Sefo put up a better performance in the Elite 11, but the real evaluation comes with the pads on.

^^this^^

Much rather have effective in pads that pretty in T-shirts.

For some. But this is kind of what I expected. Luke's the son of a coach. As with Cody, he'll look great at camps. The book on Sefo is that he doesn't stand out as the fastest, biggest arm, etc.... but is solid on every measure... and that where he really shines is with toughness, leadership and being a gamer.

Luke could be really good. I'm happy with Sefo, though.

Greg Biggins does a lot of work with Elite 11 and he thinks del Rio is closer to 6'0" than 6'2" so a shorter QB with some mobility is a good fit for the spread.

Probably not the news that Ryan Novak wanted to hear though.

Watched him on Altitude against FFC last week. Kid has some strong points. Quick release, looks like he is pretty accurate, decent mobility, D1 arm.

That all said I'm much happier that we have Sefu who I think is a major step up from Del Rio. I also like Dillon who we already have on campus better.

As the son of a coach he looks like he has a very good understanding of the game. He could develop into one of those guys who manages the game well and utilizes the kind of speed guys that Okie light tends to get out of Texas.) I'm glad we have Sefu but I'm also glad he's going outside the PAC.

Dunno

This is from Scout´s Biggins

Colorado QB Luke Del Rio has de-committed from #OklahomaState, will take another visit to #OregonSt later today, #Alabama on Wednesday

And this from LDR

Officially decommitted from Oklahoma State, opening recruiting back up, #OKST is still one of the options #blessed

Admittedly, I haven't seen any of Luke's highlights, but I like Sefo and hope he remains our guy.
I went to the Valor Thunderidge game. He looked really really sharp. Probably the best game of his year, but he didn't look the same in the championship game. I still like what we have in sefo.

The DP says he's officially decomitted from OSU, and Bama, Oregon, & CSUwe have scheduled visits. What's the new Big Mac waiting for? An invitation?

I think this kid has real potential and I bet we'd have a shot at getting him. Even more so if a.) he likes living in Colorado now; b.) his dad actually plans to stay another few years.

HOWEVER, we have so many freakin QBs on our roster, plus Sefo joining. I did like Embree's stated philosophy of 1 QB per class although he ended up just bringing in Jucos and extras and transfers.

Since Mac has said he will honour our schollies and Sefo has indicated his intentions to stick to CU, than i would say we should pass on him, but it would probably be a good idea to have a look at him either way. I assume from the little I know about them that Sefo is probably a better fit for the pistol/spread anyway.

Of course we could be banging our heads in a few years if Luke ends up being the next Freshman Heisman from Colorado to go outside the state :)

Maybe Saban will go to Cleveland, Alabama will hire papa Del Rio, and Luke will go to Alabama.

It is interesting to see QBs interested in Bama. On the positive side if you win the starting jobs you are going to win a bunch of games just because the defense is so good. You are also going to be surrounded by a load of talented players on offense. The downside is that is seems the Bama offense never plays up to its talent level and its QBs never seem to stand out or develop for the next level.

You can't argue with their record on the field but for QBs they aren't exactly like USC where if you start you are probably guaranteed at least a shot at an NFL starting job, and even if you don't start you are likely to end up in a camp.

It is interesting to see QBs interested in Bama. On the positive side if you win the starting jobs you are going to win a bunch of games just because the defense is so good. You are also going to be surrounded by a load of talented players on offense. The downside is that is seems the Bama offense never plays up to its talent level and its QBs never seem to stand out or develop for the next level.

Not only that, but they're conference has a reputation for having some of the best defenses in the country.

Back