What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO QB Luke del Rio (Verbal to Alabama - PWO)

Seen him play, not bad, but not a Sefo kind of kid IMO. If Sefo was to d-commit then maybe talk to him, if he would even be interested, probably not since he is a Valor kid.

'13 CO QB Luke del Rio

Quarterback Luke Del Rio considering walking on at Alabama
render.htm

“It’s Alabama- it pretty much speaks for itself," Del Rio said. "They have a great winning tradition and aren’t going to change their pro-style system. I think it’s another great fit.”

Like I said earlier - seems like the kind of kid that wants to be at a "winning" school regardless if he is riding the pine. Entitled?? some just do not like to "earn" a spot.

Like I said earlier - seems like the kind of kid that wants to be at a "winning" school regardless if he is riding the pine. Entitled?? some just do not like to "earn" a spot.

I see no evidence that he feels "entitled" as you implied. In fact, his willingness to walk on conveys an opposite conclusion. Yes, Alabama is a winning program, bur most kids want to go to a winning program. Nothing new there. I only see a kid who has no obvious geographical ties exploring his options.

I don't think the Del Rio family really really needs a scholarship so I see I'm being a PWO at Alabama.

He decommitted from OK ST for two reasons that I see.

1) His coach (Monken) left
2) The OK ST QB job is pretty much set between the two freshman that battled for it this year for at least the next 3 years not giving him an opportunity to play.

I think his best option is to go to OR ST they have a pretty decent system for developing QBs. Interesting enough I felt he was a better fit for CU than Sefo under Embree's system. But now Sefo is a better fit for coach MacI's system. I wouldn't be suprised if he does walk-on at bama though.

I don't get why he'd walk on at Alabama. The chances of him seeing the football field would be miniscule. He'd be a scout team guy at best. Why not go somewhere that gives you a realistic opportunity to play?

I don't get why he'd walk on at Alabama. The chances of him seeing the football field would be miniscule. He'd be a scout team guy at best. Why not go somewhere that gives you a realistic opportunity to play?

Sacky - you're using logic. He doesn't need the funding, and Alabama is probably inviting him to come in and compete.

Great players see themselves as the best. Alabama is undisputed the top program in CFB AND they run a prostyle offense. I'd assume the last thing Del Rio is thinking is he would go there and be scout team. He's thinking he's going in there to be THE guy. That's probably part of what makes this kid tick and makes him better than his natural ability would suggest he should be.

Last edited:
Bama doesn't really put out great QBs often so I think he'd have a better chance to play there than some may think

Re: '13 CO QB Luke del Rio

his dad is loaded... they can afford it

No doubt. I just didn't want my post to make it seem like he was just making this decision because he could mooch off of dad. Hence, his apparent affinity to all things Gump.

I doubt he's expecting to be their starting QB at any time. My guess is he ultimately wants to be a coach, in which case this is a very smart career choice. Learn under a great set of coaches with a possibility of hopping on as a grad assistant once his playing career is over.

Luke Del Rio ‏@Ldelrio12

Walking On at the University of Alabama #RollTide #blessed

From Valor to Bama. Why do I get the feeling that being part of building a program was never high on his list of things to do? :lol:

I doubt he's expecting to be their starting QB at any time. My guess is he ultimately wants to be a coach, in which case this is a very smart career choice. Learn under a great set of coaches with a possibility of hopping on as a grad assistant once his playing career is over.
I was going to post the same thing. I think he wants to follow in his dad's footsteps. Who better to learn the ins and outs of coaching under? Smart move.

'13 CO QB Luke del Rio

Never thought about that. Good post.

Back