What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO QB Luke del Rio (Verbal to Alabama - PWO)

Why does the word "Bergstrom" keeping popping into my head? No, that's not it: Berglund. I hope these two don't have the same career advisor.

i

can-t-get-right-o.gif

Can't Get Right

Strange deal.

Have to wonder if either A) Anderson has told him that he is likely not to be the starter, B) He just doesn't like Anderson, C) He thinks he is going to get a better shot with another one of his dad's coaching friends at another school, D) He just can't stay put in one place. E) Other.

How many former Valor players have actually stayed put in one place and contributed to a successful P5 team?

For a guy CU didn't recruit, has been a college walk-on, and only spent a year in Colorado (with his dad no longer even on the Broncos staff), I've been very surprised at the amount of local & message board attention his transfer decision has received.

For a guy CU didn't recruit, has been a college walk-on, and only spent a year in Colorado (with his dad no longer even on the Broncos staff), I've been very surprised at the amount of local & message board attention his transfer decision has received.

It is a slow time of year...plus his dad is well-known locally.

Everywhere he transfers there is a coaching change over at least at the OC position.

He and Dad either have a GREAT master plan for him to become a GA somewhere and launch a coaching career or it's a complete Train Wreck. Could be the former. How many snaps did Kyle Shanahan take in college?

Meaning, how many plays was Kyle Shanahan in on during his playing career, realizing he wasn't a QB.

McElwain named him Florida's opening day starter. What a trek for this kid!

He's got to be a senior by now, doesn't he?

How many schools has he gone to?

For a kid who had actual P5 scholarship offers out of high school, he sure has taken a very strange path to where he is today.

Wasn't Oklahoma State in the picture at some point?

For a kid who had actual P5 scholarship offers out of high school, he sure has taken a very strange path to where he is today.

I think it would be easier to list the schools not in the picture at this point....

I thought Okie State was after Oregon State, but I wasn't sure if I had the two OSU with the same colors confused or not. If so, that's 4 schools in 4 years. Impressive.

That's what I want to know.

Could he be enrolled as a grad student? Three schools and two transfer years and no know medical red shirt, the math does not add up. As a grad transfer one of the transfer years is negated but that leaves him one year of eligibility.

He was originally in the 2013 class. That would make him a senior assuming no Redshirts. However, why bother redshirting a walk-on?

im guessing he got a degree somewhere along the way. From some college, somewhere.

He was originally in the 2013 class. That would make him a senior assuming no Redshirts. However, why bother redshirting a walk-on?

im guessing he got a degree somewhere along the way. From some college, somewhere.

FR 2013/2014 (Alabama PWO)
SO 2014/2015 (Oregon St)
JR 2015/2016 (Transferred to UF, sat out, used redshirt)
rJR 2016/2017 (Named UF Starter)
rSR 2017/2018

But it gets better....

A day after news broke the Gators suspended Treon Harris, the NCAA awarded Luke Del Rio a waiver allowing him an additional year of eligibility, per Thomas Goldkamp of 247Sports.

Del Rio will be a redshirt sophomore this season with three years of eligibility remaining, as opposed to a redshirt junior. A UF spokesperson said the waiver was actually granted last year, per Anthony Chiang of the Palm Beach Post, even though Del Rio sat out the 2015 season after transferring from Oregon State.

Link

Makes zero sense. Because he had no financial aid at Alabama does he not have to sit out a transfer year to Oregon State? Just strange.

Okie State was a verbal for a scholarship in his high school recruiting year. He turned that down to attend Alabama as a PWO assuming that was the coaching staff he felt was the most professonal to learn the craft under. He was probably not wrong. However, after getting the itch to play in some games and not seeing that happening there, he moved west and seemed to be comfortable with Mike Riley as his dad was very familiar with him from his time in the NFL. Whoops, Mike Riley leaves. When all was said and done, all of those flips ending in being named the starter at Florida as a redshirt sophomore was not a bad return on his moving truck investment.

Back