What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 HI ILB Isaac Savaiinaea

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Punahou School (Honolulu, HI)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 230 lbs
40: 4.66 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #6 ILB (#155 overall)
Scout rating: 5*; #2 MLB
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #3 ILB (#132 overall)
247s rating: 4*-95 rating; #2 ILB (#57 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Hawaii, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington State

Savaiinaea could be the best LB to come out of Hawaii since Manti Teo. With our ties to Punahou, I would be surprised if we do not jump into the race. His early favorite is USC.

[video=youtube;k96z56XoHRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96z56XoHRo[/video]

[video=youtube;hL94RmjDlSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL94RmjDlSc[/video]

Nice. I really like what I see on the highlight tapes. He is the type of player that has the size to play right away.

Did Cabral visit him while in HI and make the offer?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we can vist until after June following their junior year. They can come to camps and we can write them. I think that is all until after June.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we can vist until after June following their junior year. They can come to camps and we can write them. I think that is all until after June.

Oddly enough, many times when a coach visits a school to talk to coaches and get some film they will accidentally bump into recruits while they are there.

Oddly enough, many times when a coach visits a school to talk to coaches and get some film they will accidentally bump into recruits while they are there.

you are making that up!!! that would never happen!

i would like to expell nik from the recruit forum. all in favor say "ban junk"!

(trying to kill two birds with one stone here) :smile2:

It's too bad we didn't land somebody from Punahou this year but I'm sure he and Rasmussen probably know each other well enough to leave an impression. The ILH is a small league, St. Louis, Punahou, Kamehameha, Iolani, Damien, and the PAC 5 schools are all within a 7 mile radius of each other. Guaranteed some kids went to middle school together.

His junior highlights are up on youtube and have been added. Take a look at them when you have a chance-he looks great. The speed leaps off the screen and he plays violently.

This will be a fun recruitment to follow.

Holy **** that's fast for someone that big at that age.
We need athletes like that and he plays a huge position
Of need in this class

Safe to say he is a national recruit now. Scout and 247 have him as a top 100 prospect and I suspect the others will have him there as well. Stanford leads, but this recruitment will go the distance.

Reports of the demise of Stanford football in a post Andrew Luck world have been exaggerated. dammit.

Reports of the demise of Stanford football in a post Andrew Luck world have been exaggerated. dammit.

It won't be a fast decline, but it will happen. They really struggle to retain assistants and have a lot of trouble recruiting speed. Within their constraints, they have to be so much better than everyone else that it's not sustainable unless they have a special, special HC. Harbaugh was that guy. We'll find out about Shaw over the next few years.

It won't be a fast decline, but it will happen. They really struggle to retain assistants and have a lot of trouble recruiting speed. Within their constraints, they have to be so much better than everyone else that it's not sustainable unless they have a special, special HC. Harbaugh was that guy. We'll find out about Shaw over the next few years.

I hope you're right. I'd really like to be able to go out and visit my sister, catch a CU/Stanford game with a reasonable expectation that we'll win. It's a great venue.

I am of the opinion that while there may be a decline, we are still going to see Stanford as a regular contender in the conference. The one big issue that Nik correctly points out is the speed issue. As good as they have been over the last couple seasons, their overall team speed was not especially apparent. The skill position players are okay and you could argue their athletes in the secondary were average at best. However, Stanford can still win plenty of games by recruiting the cream of the crop at QB, OL, and in the defensive front seven.

The stagnation of both Oregon State under Riley and Cal under Tedford is also helping them out quite a bit.

Stanford is head-and-shoulders above every other major football program with respects to academics, prestige, and degree value. It is my view that they will continue to see outstanding results in recruiting for this reason, particularly in light of their success on the field.

A lot of kids don't care about that stuff, but enough do, I think.

I dont see the fall of Stanford being big.
With the O-class they just had I feel they're
going to stay around a while. Didn't they
get a good 2013 QB commit as well.

Back