What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 NV SG Marcus Allen (Verbal to Stanford)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

1067573.jpg

Centennial H.S. (Las Vegas, NV)

AAU: The Magic (AZ)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 175 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SG
Scout rating: 4*; #15 PG (#47 overall)
ESPN rating: 2*-63 grade; #107 SG
247s rating:

Reported Offers: Colorado, Air Force, Columbia, Dartmouth, Drake, Gonzaga, Northern Arizona, Rice, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Clara, UC-Irvine, Wyoming

[video=youtube;8J8P8jeW-s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8P8jeW-s8[/video]

[video=youtube;x5oYAdYRNgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5oYAdYRNgo[/video]

Allen's 2* rating does not match up with the reviews on him. ESPN seems especially schizophrenic.

Does this read like a "63 Grade" scouting report from the boys in Bristol?

ESPN Analyst
Updated 04/27/2012

Strengths:
Allen is not as quite the physical specimen as his brother (Malcolm), but he is much more polished jump shooter. He gets good lift on his shot and his release is fairly smooth. He excels in the open court where he can slash to the rim or knock down the mid-range jump shot. He is productive at both ends and he has excellent lateral quickness and quick hands to be a lock-down defender.

Weaknesses:
Allen is solid in many areas, but he needs to improve all aspects of his game to elevate his prospect status. He needs to continue to smoothen out his jump shot and play more on balance. He has a tendency to play too fast and needs to implement a jump stop to his game to become more efficient.

Bottom Line:
Like his brother (Malcolm), he is a terrific athlete who plays with maximum effort. Due to his impressive academics and electrifying athleticism, he will be heavily monitored by Division I coaches this spring and summer.

Beyond that, ESPN put him with Shabazz Muhammad as their 2 Players of the Year in Nevada:

Marcus Allen
Junior shooting guard, Centennial (Las Vegas, NV)

2011-12 Team record: 24-4
2011-12 Team standing: Lost in Class 4A regional semifinals

2011-12 Points per game: 20.2
2011-12 Rebounds per game: 5.3
2011-12 Assists per game: 2.8
2011-12 Blocks per game: 0.3
2011-12 Steals per game: 3.1

Academics: A average
Collegiate destination: HS Junior

How he’s played himself into the State POY conversation: 2012 First Team All-Conference; 2012 Conference MVP; 2012 Team Captain

I'm really interested in hearing what Goose has to say after he gets back from his mani & pedi to look at the film.

I'm really interested in hearing what Goose has to say after he gets back from his mani & pedi to look at the film.

Patience dammit. Those things take time and I have to let them dry completely.

From the videos, I love his first step. Kid has a bit of a burst there. The biggest thing that concerns me is his size (he looks smaller than 6'2" in the videos, but it might just be me) and the fact that his jumper is a bit slow as he brings the ball down low before elevating. Hopefully he can clean that up a touch. But he definitely looks better than his rankings indicate.

Back