What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX QB Devante Kincade (Signed to Mississippi)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Skyline H.S. (Dallas, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 174 lbs
40: 4.65 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #26 DQB
Scout rating: 4*; #26 QB
ESPN rating: 4*-82 grade; #12 DQB (#271 overall)
247s rating: 3*-88 rating; #18 DQB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas State
, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Oregon State, SMU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah State

[video=youtube;_Wlq-dNGjjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wlq-dNGjjU[/video]

Size wise, frame, and the way he moves reminds me of Wilson from Wisconsin. There's something about his throws that look ugly though. Can't put my finger on it. It might be his release point.

Dual-threat QBs: JT Barrett, Devante Kincade among nation's best

Devante Kincade

Skyline (Dallas)
6-0/175

Kincade says:
“(Coaches) like that I can make tons of plays with my feet and arm and I’m a pass-first quarterback but have the ability to run the ball. I’m an outstanding leader, people say.”

His take on schools:
“My top five is Kansas State, Colorado, Illinois, LSU and Mississippi State.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...xas-auburn-wisconsin-notre-dame#ixzz1oUg8DsTD

He was the overall MVP as picked by the instructors at the Elite 11 stop in Dallas yesterday. He earned an Elite 11 invite to the national competition and could see more offers coming his way now.

Rip Scherer appears to have a pretty good eye for QB talent.

A LSU guy I talk to says he (Kincade) just has "IT". Would be a good pickup for the buffs. Kid is productive, and a winner.

[h=1]Elite 11 Watch: Skyline QB DeVante Kincade[/h]In DeVante Kincade's mind, he was about four months overdue for his chance to throw passes at Cowboys Stadium.

Last December, the Dallas Skyline junior quarterback stood one win away from playing for the Class 5A, Division I state title under the bright lights of "Jerry's World." But the Raiders' undefeated season unraveled in the final two minutes during a 28-24 semifinal loss to eventual champ Southlake Carroll (Southlake, Texas).

"It was real tough, watching them score and then recover the onside kick and score again," recalled Kincade, who threw for 3,720 yards and 37 touchdowns last season. "We had 40 seconds after that to try and win the game, but we couldn't get the lead back. That loss gave me more fire and flames to work way harder and add on to our intensity."

So when Kincade finally did get to throw in Cowboys Stadium at last month's Dallas Elite 11 Regional Quarterback Camp, he was more than ready to shine. Using strong footwork and impressive accuracy, Kincade earned MVP honors and the first of 24 spots at the Elite 11 finals in Redondo Beach, Calif., in July.

Kincade took some time out to talk about his Elite 11 selection, recruitment and how RGIII is biting his style.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/texas/post/_/id/958/elite-11-watch-skyline-qb-devante-kincade

Ole Miss won a big recruiting battle here for a guy that Nebraska had as its #1 target.

If the Huskers can't close with Johnny Stanton, they'll have to go to true Plan B's.

Back