What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX SF Wesley Iwundu (Verbal to Kansas State)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

4f4db851b1cae.preview-300.jpg

Westfield H.S. (Houston, TX)

AAU Team: Houston Defenders

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 190 lbs.

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked SF
Scout rating: 3*; unranked SF
ESPN rating: 2*-68 grade; #58 SF
247sports rating: N/A

Reported Offers: Colorado, Drake, Houston, Kansas State, Lehigh, Richmond, Texas Tech

GoPowercat.com has an article on him that reveals that we have offered.

That hasn't stopped the college basketball machine, though. Scholarship offers from Houston, Texas Tech, Lehigh, Colorado and Richmond have already arrived. Iwundu says he expects Kansas State, Purdue and Vanderbilt to eventually follow suit.

That's not even the end of it. South Carolina, Drake and Louisiana-Lafayette have also been in limited contact with the Houston-based high school junior. Yet all of it, as things stand now, remains peripheral.

So why haven't those schools offered?

It's not that the sudden spike in interest from college coaches doesn't excite him. It does. It's just that he knows none of it matters until he qualifies academically.

I find that KSU-slant hard to believe. If CU and LEHIGH have offered, I'm fairly certain he can get in to KSU. Other than that article, not a whole lot about him online yet.

Adam with the update. K-State and Drake have offered since the last post in this thread.

Kansas State, Colorado and Drake are among the colleges that Iwundu wants to schedule an official visit with following the July evaluation period.

"I really have a lot of interest in Colorado because I feel really comfortable with their coaching staff," he said. "I am in contact with [Buffs assistant] coach [Jean] Prioleau almost every day, if not with a phone call, through text messages. He is always checking up on me and showing a great deal of interest. I did some research on Colorado. I am familiar with their team.

Finally has rankings! 3* on Scout and 2* on ESPN right now. From the ESPN scouting report he sounds like a long, lanky player who is a good defender who can play multiple positions (I'm thinking about copying & pasting that on every profile I do. Tad has a type...). Also it sounds like he really tore it up at the Reebok Challenge in Philadelphia, with Rivals saying this about him:

Both small forward Wesley Iwundu and power forward Jonathan Motley have high ceilings. Iwundu is a 6-foot-5 slasher who can get to the rim and shows potential as a deep jump shooter.

Definitely a guy to keep an eye on this cycle. Having a big summer and all the premium site publishers are talking about him for CU.

He and his AAU team are on ESPNU at 5pm MT.

Props to Adam/Rivals for the heads up.

He and his AAU team are on ESPNU at 5pm MT.

Props to Adam/Rivals for the heads up.

And rep to you for sharing with us.

EDIT -- and it's followed by the 30 on 30 on the Fab Five. I know how I'm spending tonight now.

Other than the Baylor piss yellow jerseys, I liked what I saw last night. He was on the floor with four Top 100 players, and fit in well. He isn't a star, but loved his versatility on defense. He was guarding guys in the post and out on the perimeter. The announcers kept raving about how smart he was, and saying that coming in to the summer, he was a high mid major prospect, but has probably worked his way into a BCS conference over the last few weeks.

Anyone else watch?

Other than the Baylor piss yellow jerseys, I liked what I saw last night. He was on the floor with four Top 100 players, and fit in well. He isn't a star, but loved his versatility on defense. He was guarding guys in the post and out on the perimeter. The announcers kept raving about how smart he was, and saying that coming in to the summer, he was a high mid major prospect, but has probably worked his way into a BCS conference over the last few weeks.

Anyone else watch?

One of the many things I love about Tad is that he coaches a system that isn't reliant on a "star" to be successful. He seems to have an ability to find and develop guys who can play within the system and step up when it's their turn. The leading stat guy can be different each night but the team plays the same.

This has to make it very hard for opponents to prepare for Tad's teams and it makes it much easier for him to make adjustments in game.

This kid sounds like one of those guys who could fit right in with Tad, score 18 one night, 8 the next game and have played an effective game in both.

I worry that he doesn't have natural hands and offensive skills.

That will limit his upside.

But I see a very interesting glue guy who will play great defense and have some exciting moments on the fast break.

Back