What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA C Zoe Correal (Verbal to Colorado)

MObuff

Hoopgurlz

1725-feature-01.jpg

Salesian H.S. (Salesian, CA)

Club Team:

Ht: 6-foot-4

Hoopgurlz rating: 3*-89 grade; #26 P

Reported offers: Colorado, Loyola Marymont, Providence, UCSB

I saw a couple of tweets stating that CU got a commitment from 6'4" Zoe Correal out of Salesian HS. A nice surprise and needed size when playing against Stanford in the coming years. Welcome aboard Zoe!!! Can't wait to see you on the court. :thumbsup:

Congrats, and welcome to CU

Might want to add in WBB tho. I just saw the year, center, and a name I didn't recognize and almost had a heart attack, thinking Tad signed a 6'4" center

According to an evaluation for Klay Callum (Full Court) she got a bit of work to do on the offensive end.

"Correal is a legit 6-4, with a solid build, but she is far from a polished post at this stage of her development. She runs well, and can get off the ground, but is not an offensive presence . Still, she’s will definitely attract D-I attention due to her above average athleticism for her size."

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/22974/plenty-talent-california-state-championships

Photos of her at: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/zoe-correal/uMmTGPTnEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

I'm not seeing a lot of info out there (not that unusual for WBB ... only the real top prospects get much coverage in the free services) but I did find this that makes it sound like she will need some time to develop: http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/22974/plenty-talent-california-state-championships Never mind ... Mark got there first!

I don't think I have to go too far out on limb to think they would like to have both Correal and Robeson. The post looks to be the biggest (no pun intended) need in upcoming season looking at who will be around 2 -4 years from now.

Italy trip would have done wonders for Zoe. Alas, a year too soon.

Any chance of a redshirt here, or not possible given depth issues?

I don't think I have to go too far out on limb to think they would like to have both Correal and Robeson. The post looks to be the biggest (no pun intended) need in upcoming season looking at who will be around 2 -4 years from now.

I was thinking the same thing. This group could be similar to the Kara Richards and Jackie McFarland class if Coach Lappe can find a high scoring low post player to compliment Correal.

Italy trip would have done wonders for Zoe. Alas, a year too soon.

Any chance of a redshirt here, or not possible given depth issues?

If they sign 2 true post players in the '14 class it would be possible for one of them to redshirt, but it also depends on the development of this year's post recuit Briana Watts who is also could be considered a "project" on the offensive end.

Finding a true low post player that can score is very difficult as demographics dictate there just won't be that many athletic 6-4 or taller young women.

According to tweets from Chris Roemer from of Collegiate Girls Basketball Report, Correal's other schools were Loyola-Marymount, Providence and UCSB.

Welcome to Colorado, Zoe. We need your height and athleticism. I'm sure Coach Lappe gave you some pointers on scoring. We need offense from our center like McFarland could do at any time, in any game. Jackie was a true sleeper of a recruit. Kara Richards was supposed to be the star recruit that season, but got hurt and red-shirted. Jackie was asked to take on the job of center and did she ever perform. She got better and better with every game. Then Kara showed her stuff as a senior after being overshadowed by Jackie.

Back