What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA LB Malik Hutchings

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout

ESPN
247 Sports

1187647m.jpg

Deer Valley H.S. (Antioch, CA)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 240
40:

Rivals Rating:
Scout Rating: 2*; #66 MLB
ESPN Rating:
247s Rating:

Reported Offers: Hawaii, UC Davis, UTEP

Intriguing prospect as he has no film yet. He's the brother of 2013 USC signee Michael Hutchings. Malik has been playing basketball up until this summer, when football coaches stopped by and offered him on frame alone.

Taking an OV to Cal this weekend for the OSU game. CU has been in contact and is interested. Clearly the staff wants to see how things go as a senior.

Rivals update from 8/27:

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1541434

"I only have three offers right now but I'm getting heavily recruited from Washington State," Hutchings said. "They're on me heavily and I get something from them every day.

"Boise State is still on me heavy. Colorado has been contacting me along with UNLV and San Jose State and some others."

Would Colorado have a linebacker spot available here or would you guys be looking at him to maybe play defensive end? Looks to me like he has the size for it, but peeking at your stickied roster thread you have three commits in both spots already. Maybe just keeping in contact in case you get a decommitment?

I'm hoping Boise State offers as we have no linebacker commits as yet and this is an intriguing blend of size and genetics at work here. Sounds to me like he'd be a bit of a project due to his newness to football, but with a year or two under his belt he could do some damage.

Last edited:
Would Colorado have a linebacker spot available here or would you guys be looking at him to maybe defensive end? Looks to me like he has the size for it, but peeking at your stickied roster thread you have three commits in both spots already. Maybe just keeping in contact in case you get a decommitment?

I'm hoping Boise State offers as we have no linebacker commits as yet and this is an intriguing blend of size and genetics at work here. Sounds to me like he'd be a bit of a project due to his newness to football, but with a year or two under his belt he could do some damage.

Kid looks like an athlete. Looks to me like M2 has taken the approach of bring in the best bunch of athletes we can find and figure out where to play them once they get here. He also did a lot of that at SJSU.

Back