What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA WR Rahshead Johnson (Verbal to USC)

How did this thread get derailed so fast? Come on, guys.

^^ This

What % of comments in this thread have anything to do with his talent or how he would do at CU?

I think we've gotten way too laid back on policing recruit threads.

Wazzu leads but he has already taken a visit there. I like our chances if other Pac12 teams don't seriously jump into the fray

Back on topic...

Anyone know how close to 4.5 he runs his 40 time? at 5'11 and 175, I'd assume a 4 star prospect would run in the 4.4's... I'm really interested to see his senior film because his Junior film doesn't jump out to me and say that he will be a stud from day 1 here.

Back on topic...

Anyone know how close to 4.5 he runs his 40 time? at 5'11 and 175, I'd assume a 4 star prospect would run in the 4.4's... I'm really interested to see his senior film because his Junior film doesn't jump out to me and say that he will be a stud from day 1 here.
I guess I got a different impression. He seems to have tons of speed based off of the highlights I've seen. He defiantly doesn't have Tavon Austin type speed though.

4.50 isn't slow. I only see 4.5. Which is why I asked if anyone knew how accurate that was. High 4.5's seems below average to me. Not what I'd expect from a 5'11 blue chip WR.

4.5 verified is plenty fast. People continually have unrealistic expectations with 40 times.

4.50 isn't slow. I only see 4.5. Which is why I asked if anyone knew how accurate that was. High 4.5's seems below average to me. Not what I'd expect from a 5'11 blue chip WR.

I agree, but most observers on the camp circuit thought he had elite hands and was a top five WR on the west coast. Even in a down year, that's still a good enough endorsement for me.

Again, not disagreeing with you guys in regards to a "4.5 verified" or laser time. I'm not seeing that here however. I've come to find that many times a recruits profile may exaggerate 40 times a bit leading me to think guys who post 4.4's will likely run a 4.5 and guys with a 4.5 may very well run more like a 4.6. Thus my concern. I'm glad we have the attention of a 4 star player. I'm excited to see some senior film and an accurate 40 time.

Not interested in debating 40 times with BB.

Again, not disagreeing with you guys in regards to a "4.5 verified" or laser time. I'm not seeing that here however. I've come to find that many times a recruits profile may exaggerate 40 times a bit leading me to think guys who post 4.4's will likely run a 4.5 and guys with a 4.5 may very well run more like a 4.6. Thus my concern. I'm glad we have the attention of a 4 star player. I'm excited to see some senior film and an accurate 40 time.

Not interested in debating 40 times with BB.

I don't believe anyone, kids, coaches or recruiting services when it comes to 40 times. We know kids and coaches lie about it and recruiting services have no idea what they are talking about. Per scout.com Paul Richardson's biggest weakness coming out of high school was his speed. Either Paul became fast over a summer or someone if full of crap.

Scout Profile,

May have the best hands of any receiver in the West. Isn't afraid to make the tough catch and go up and get the ball. Runs crisp, precise routes. Areas of improvement - Speed

I don't believe anyone, kids, coaches or recruiting services when it comes to 40 times. We know kids and coaches lie about it and recruiting services have no idea what they are talking about. Per scout.com Paul Richardson's biggest weakness coming out of high school was his speed. Either Paul became fast over a summer or someone if full of crap.

Scout Profile,

May have the best hands of any receiver in the West. Isn't afraid to make the tough catch and go up and get the ball. Runs crisp, precise routes. Areas of improvement - Speed

Great info!! Hands are definitely a big deal for a WR from what I can tell.

4.5 verified is plenty fast. People continually have unrealistic expectations with 40 times.

4.5 is certainly plenty fast, especially if the kid can carry that kind of speed onto the field. There are kids out there who can run a 4.38 in shorts and a T-shirt who have trouble running past a 4.6 guy once the pads are on. There are other guys who time slow but who are more than fast enough on the field. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 coming out of college but it was fast enough to get him open, in the end zone, and into the HOF.

I have no idea how this particular kids speed translates in pads but if he is rated this highly I would imagine that he has enough speed on the field to get open and gain yardage.

Not so bold prediction, but Rahshead recommits to Washington when they hire a new coach. Speculation only

Will SC offer now that Sarkisian has gone there? Also, will he back off a bit on Washington?

[tweet]411197815851712513[/tweet]

Likely still visiting Nebraska, but in January. Hopefully this means Gardenhire is visiting too

If USC doesn't offer we might have a chance. Hopefully the staff can really throw out the red carpet for him and gardenhire.

If USC doesn't offer we might have a chance. Hopefully the staff can really throw out the red carpet for him and gardenhire.

Would immediately change a lot of peoples' perceptions of this recruiting class.

Gardenhire is not visiting... Apparently the Pirate put the kabosh on him taking more OV's if he wants to keep his spot. Hopefully that doesn't mean that we're out of the Rahshead Johnson Sweepstakes. I'd love to have this guy in the Black and Gold!

That's too bad. I'd love to see Gardenhire come for a visit... but alas. Wonder why he's so stuck on WSU anyway. I mean if a coach bars you from OV's it's because they know you're going to see how green it is on the other side of the fence.

'14 CA WR Rahshead Johnson

Gardenhire is not visiting... Apparently the Pirate put the kabosh on him taking more OV's if he wants to keep his spot. Hopefully that doesn't mean that we're out of the Rahshead Johnson Sweepstakes. I'd love to have this guy in the Black and Gold!

Per Adam he's still visiting (pretty sure it's been 24 hours, sorry if not) which means we have a shot. No shot if U$C offers though.

Last edited:
Back