What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OG Dalton Risner (Verbal to Kansas State)

Personally, I think in state kids owe at least a visit to the state university. Both to himself and to his state.

I hearken to the words of one Tad Boyle, who left for Kansas, when asked what he would tell an in state kid considering going out of state: "Don't make the same mistake I did."

That being said, I'm all for Cal, Texas, etc. kids leaving home for Colorado! :thumbsup:

[tweet]329663213409017856[/tweet]
I'm going to go ahead and panic since, based on your post, he seemingly did not tweet about our offer when he received it, but waited until one came in from Cal.

I'm going to go ahead and panic since, based on your post, he seemingly did not tweet about our offer when he received it, but waited until one came in from Cal.

Imagine how much you could panic over that tweet if you were a K-State fan...

Come to CU Risner, at least you can feel fairly confident our coach won't pass away while you are still at school.

If I'm HCMM I am amping up my recruiting of this kid. Manhattan can't be as attractive this evening as it was during the off-season.

... gets a call tomorrow morning, "So did you see the Kansas State game?"

... gets a call tomorrow morning, "So did you see the Kansas State game?"
I said last year NDSU would kick our butt and I think last night confirmed it. Short of a couple QB keepers KSU was doing absolutely nothing on the ground versus their front 7.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him come to Boulder for a game.

Quietly. KSU doesn't let its verbal commits take officials. We need to be able to sell positives to Risner when he's around campus to take in a game or two. Got to show that the long night is over and the Buffs are rising.

Quietly. KSU doesn't let its verbal commits take officials. We need to be able to sell positives to Risner when he's around campus to take in a game or two. Got to show that the long night is over and the Buffs are rising.

And hope he realizes that the only thing standing between KjSU and a return to bottom feeding status is the health and desire of one of the older coaches in college football to continue coaching.

We saw what happened to them the first time he retired. With their reliance on jucos take away his miracle touch and they fall like a sack of bricks.

And hope he realizes that the only thing standing between KjSU and a return to bottom feeding status is the health and desire of one of the older coaches in college football to continue coaching.

We saw what happened to them the first time he retired. With their reliance on jucos take away his miracle touch and they fall like a sack of bricks.

They're going to have to move away from the JUCO reliance either way. NCAA has finally gotten around to raising JUCO transfer academic requirements (i.e., limits on PE credits). So KSU is going to be having a lot more competition for these signatures since they won't be able to bottomfeed the athletes other schools can't admit.

A win on Sunday is going to be noticed by in-state recruits more than anywhere else.

K-State right tackle Dalton Risner, Truman pitcher Paige Parker win Big 12 honors

IMG_080317ksu_media_br21_3_1_A2DJFEGF_L384859558.JPG

I wonder if we would have better luck with him now. At the time, CU was flat out terrible.

I don't say this as a slight, more of a tip of the cap to Dalton, but I think he chose the perfect school for himself. He's a plains kid who may not have found Boulder to be the greatest place for him. Kansas may have just been a better fit. Good for him and I hope he has a great NFL career.

I don't say this as a slight, more of a tip of the cap to Dalton, but I think he chose the perfect school for himself. He's a plains kid who may not have found Boulder to be the greatest place for him. Kansas may have just been a better fit. Good for him and I hope he has a great NFL career.
I don't mean this as a slight, but that's just plains ignorance. Plenty of small town kids from both steep and flat land manage to excel in Boulder and other fancy places regularly. It's on par with saying inner city kids can't cut it.

I don't mean this as a slight, but that's just plains ignorance. Plenty of small town kids from both steep and flat land manage to excel in Boulder and other fancy places regularly. It's on par with saying inner city kids can't cut it.
I'm sure some do well, I never said this was the case across the board. I know a lot of guys who grew up on the plains of CO and they are more into rodeos and roping than they are anything Boulder has to offer. You seem to have taken offense to my comment and to be honest, I'm not really sure why?

Back