What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OG Dalton Risner (Verbal to Kansas State)

Oh man, when I saw his profile bumped to the top I thought that he was a surprise transfer :D

Missing on him sucked, but he's a Colorado kid and I wish him all the success in the world...

I don't think so. Knowing a few people from Wiggins, he is farm boy through and through and wanted a similar School.

He was pretty clear during the recruiting process that he wanted to go to a school that had a rural feel and fit in with his agricultural roots. Initially he was strong on CSU with the Ag school but when KjSU came along he saw that he could play P5 football and go to a school that fit his personality and interest.

He had visited Boulder a few times unofficially and it just wasn't a fit for him. Even if we had been winning he wasn't likely to come.

I don't think so. Knowing a few people from Wiggins, he is farm boy through and through and wanted a similar School.

He was pretty clear during the recruiting process that he wanted to go to a school that had a rural feel and fit in with his agricultural roots. Initially he was strong on CSU with the Ag school but when KjSU came along he saw that he could play P5 football and go to a school that fit his personality and interest.

He had visited Boulder a few times unofficially and it just wasn't a fit for him. Even if we had been winning he wasn't likely to come.

This isn't totally accurate from what I've heard. Know someone pretty close to him who asked him about it, and he essentially said that K-State was on him early and he developed a great relationship with the staff. CU came on late. He really liked CU and MM but it was too little too late essentially. If we would have made an effort sooner things potentially could have been different. Hence one of my frustrations with the continued lack of volume of OL offers, especially in state.

Back